Moving To Singapore is 6500 SGD a good salary?

Hello All,

I have got offer from a IT firm in Singapore as a contractor for 1 year extendable.
is 6500 SGD is good salary for a family with 7year old kid....
please help me....

pradeepbkumar wrote:

Hello All,

I have got offer from a IT firm in Singapore as a contractor for 1 year extendable.
is 6500 SGD is good salary for a family with 7year old kid....
please help me....

Whilst waiting for others to reply I suggest that you read through the posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page. There is information there regarding cost of living etc.

Hello pradeepbkumar and welcome on board

As suggested by our dear Expert Stumpy, you will find a lot of information in our Cost of living in Singapore section of the forum.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Use the website, numbeo.com to gauge. I think its a decent amount. I doesn't cry out "I am rich". But you definitely will not suffering from hunger with that.

Keep in mind that Singapore is one of the most expensive places on earth.
The average Singapore household, which happens to be a family of three, too, has an income of around S$10000/month. With just S$6500/month, you will be substantially lower.
Also, you will have some expenses that locals do not have: First of all there is rent of S$2500-4000/month (most Singaporeans live in government-subsidized HDB-flats) and school fees of S$1500-3000/month at private schools (local schools are almost free for citizens and S$500/month for foreigners, but it is almost impossible to get a place for your child).
It is possible to survive on this income if you are frugal, but you will not have any luxuries like car, maid, holiday trips, etc. - and forget about savings!