Recommendations for a steel welder in Ulaanbaatar?

Hi there!

My name is Chris Griffin and I am an Irishman living in New Zealand. I am currently planning an expedition to walk from Ulaanbaatar to Beijing, China, pulling a 2 wheeled cart behind me to carry my supplies through the Gobi desert. I intend to start walking on the 25th of May and the journey is expected to take 3 months. Its a pleasure to meet you all :)

I have a dilema that hopefully this forum can help me with. The problem I have is that I am finding it difficult to transport a cart from Wellington (NZ) to Mongolia. The cost to ship it as plane luggage or freight is crazy. I have come up with a bit of a riskier plan where I am considering getting the frame of the cart welded up in Ulaanbaator once I get there. What I need is can anyone in the forum recommend a reputable engireering / welding company in Ulaanbaator who can supply the steel (or aluminium) and also weld it to my specifications? An image of the cart is below and more info can be found on my blogsite below if needed. I will bring the wheels (designed for the sand in the Gobi) and harness with me so its just the frame is what I need.
I hope to start trekking after a week of stocking up supplies and acclimatizing once I arrive which will hopefully be enough time to get the cart fabricated.

theslowway.weebly.com/uploads/4/7/5/1/47516111/902_orig.jpg

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Go raibh maith agat!
Chris Griffin - the mad Irishman
A blogsite about my adventure through Mongolia and China - (theslowway.weebly.com)

There's an expat welder in UB who can probably help you. You can message me for his contact info. There's also a company called Nikel Ganbaa that has been making bikes and just made custom wheelchairs for children. If you are interested in contributing to the local economy, you might try contacting them as well. They make nice frames and would be tuned in to what you would need. I've seen a lot of walking tourists here and cycling tourists with trailers/carts, but it looks like what most of what they're using is stuff that's been brought in from Europe. Good luck with your walk.

Thanks a million for your help and apologies for the delay in replying. I have got the cart sorted - It took a month to get it manufactured and tweaked so i'm pretty glad I have it done now here in NZ - Hopefully I can chill in UB a bit now before I begin.
Thanks again for your help!