G'Day! Any Aussies out there?

Hi guys, Fred here. Born in the UK, grew up in Australia. Any Aussies hanging out in Chisinau these days? Cheers all, Fred.

Hi, yank myself, coming there in autumn. Some guys were looking to bang together a cricket team, you in? Cheers Freddy

Well, I'd be happy to buy the first round after the game, buddy :)

Hi Fred! Mark from Adelaide. Not there yet - looking to try to get to Eastern Europe in the second half of 2015 to teach English to adults.
What is life in Moldova/Chisinau like for ex-pats?
Do you know of much call for English teachers with a broad Australian accent?

Cheers

Mark

I'm not a teacher but I'm sure there's a sizeable demand. I lived in CZ for ten years and now live there for six months at a time and most Americans, British, Australian folks I know teach. My cricket team there is mostly British and they're all teachers. As far as accents go my two best friends are German and one has earned the nickname Captain Peacock on account of his poncy Kent brogue.

Thanks Fred! Good luck with your team - hope Moldova doesn't come up against England for qualifying for the 2019 World Cup!!!
I will press on with my plans but of course will have to cast my net wide - not just Moldova but other non-EU countries such as Montenegro and Serbia (where my wife has connections and can speak the language well). Put me down for 12th man at this stage!

Cheers

Mark

Hi mate my names Daniel and I have been living in Chisinau for 5 years, are you planing to move there to live?