If Slovenia is a good immigration country.

Hi All!
I am an Indian thinking of re-locating to Slovenia. I work for a software company. Want to know if Slovenia is a good immigration country.

Any Indians who are settled in Slovenia please share your experience though experience of others are also welcomed.

Thanks!

Hi
Slovenia is a super nice country, and slovenians are good persons. I'm french and live in slovenia since 10 years. BUT economical situation is not good and there is a lot of unemployement. Concerning your job, you could maybe find some here. Can you tell me more about yours projet and situation? You said 'Want to know if Slovenia is a good immigration country', I don't understand what you mean by 'good immigration '.

Hi ajayminhas,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created with your post on the Slovenia forum. :)

Please do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Thank you.
All the best,
Christine

Hi Atalon,
Good to hear from you. Nice to know you like being there especially people there. After all, it is people who makes the country. If you like people you live with, you are at home.
By good immigration country I mean is it like countries like Canada, USA, Australia who welcome people from any part of the world and their societies are constructed by multi-cultural immigrants. Is Slovenia also such type of country. Did you come across immigrants from various countries in Slovenia? Why is it not among the popular immigration destinations around the globe. I can see Slovenia's Gini coefficient is relatively low! that should make it a popular immigration destination. Maybe you are right that unemployment rate of Slovenia may be the reason that may be pulling it down. But, Per Capita Income is strong. Can't people do their own small business and service in Slovenia. Doing own business should be the key may be small one. What you say is there a scope of small business there?
Atalon, what type of work do you do? are you self employed of work for a company?

Take care!

Hello ajayminhas
I will try to answer the best
1-'By good immigration country I mean is it like countries like Canada, USA, Australia who welcome  from any part of the world and their societies are constructed by multi-cultural immigrants.' This is NOT Slovenia, It's a country where 80% of population is slovene,  you have also foreigners from old yougoslavian's republics and they are not well 'see' by slovenes (for historical's reasons), but ALL  the people comming from any others countries of the word are welcome. Slovenians are not racist at all and they receive foregner with open heart. Slovenia has nothing to do with USA, Canada or Australia. Here, money is not the most important thing in life, far from it. Honesty, respect of the others, help, family and sincerity are the most importants things.   
2-Did you come across immigrants from various countries in Slovenia?
I married with a slovene 30 years ago, I got fed up living in france and we came living to slovenia, since them I realy feel at home.
3-Why is it not among the popular immigration destinations around the globe
Because slovenia is very small (They are only 2 millions ), people don't know it even exist but it is a real 'paradise', you are in security wherever you are and at any hour of the day, nobody will still you or attack you. This little country is as well a real beauty.
4-Can't people do their own small business and service in Slovenia. Doing own business should be the key may be small one. What you say is there a scope of small business there?
Yes, for sure, and it is easy to do it. You can create yours own company easily.
5-Atalon, what type of work do you do? are you self employed of work for a company?
Self employed, I had one company here but sold it 2 years ago. Now I'm doing another one.

ajayminhas, If you feel like, we can discuss more here;  [email protected].
You said 'it is people who makes the country. If you like people you live with, you are at home' 
That is the truth.
See you (and sorry for my bad english)

Sorry I forgot to answer to yours question
Did you come across immigrants from various countries in Slovenia?

Yes they are some, Frenchs (500), english, mexicans (20), spanish, germans and so one...
All of them I ment are glad to be here. Well, I look like being very positive about slovenia but being realistic I must tell that they are negative things as well here. Nothing is perfect. The fact is that, up to now, I never saw one of them telling ' I want to go away from here' . If some went away it was always for economicals reason, never by they own will, Exept 2 or 3, and it was a good thing they went away (too stupid to understand the slovene way of thinking)

Hello sir am from india.now am work in bahrain.i want to come here .i am a heavy truck driver.i have international license also.plss i want a employer.and tell me how much montly income a driver....