Living in Bahrin and working in khobar

Hello Everyone,

I am working in Khobar but i want to to reside in Bahrain and commute daily across the causeway. What are the visa/residency requirements in Bahrain for this if I have all the necessary visas/work permits for Saudi Arabia? I do not want to have my passport stamped with 8 stamps each day.

Does an IQAMA get me a vehicle log book that gets stamped as opposed to my passport? I am a Indian citizen if that information is relevant to this question.

I would appreciate hearing from any other individuals that are doing the same thing to gain their insight. I would also appreciate hearing from any Indians working in Saudi Arabia for the purpose of finding out more about the "non-resident" tax filing.

I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks for all your assistance.

Bunty patel

well, in the interests of providing info to this online community, I'll respond here rather than by email.

I'm not Indian but have an iqama and am employed in Saudi. I do the commute every weekday. The most you'll get is two stamps per day (one leaving Bahrain and the other coming back in). Some days, they don't even bother to stamp it. Saudi side does not stamp your passport.

They key is to find accommodation here and sign a lease agreement. Once you have that, you may (depending on nationality) be able to apply for a five year multi-entry visa and/or a CPR paper. Once you have the CPR paper, you can get the causeway booklet. This doesn't guarantee that it will be stamped though. They often ignore it and stamp your passport anyway.

I'm in the middle of this process having moved over here a month ago.

Hey...

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. And ideally you will be great help for me as you are in the middle of the process and i will start my process by mid April.

Also Bahrain CPR is compulsory to get the cause way booklet? one can not get based on the saudi iqama?

And is it possible to get Bahrain CPR based on saudi iqama? if no then what other documents are required?

regards
Bunty

CPR is mandatory for a causeway booklet issued in Bahrain. It is possible to get one issued in Saudi but I've heard that it's an administrative nightmare.

You can get a CPR in Bahrain. My post told you how. I was told that I needed
1. a lease agreement
2. a 5 year multi-entry

and then once I had those, a CPR was possible. I've applied for the 5 year and heard today that it's been approved. I need to take the approval letter to the visa agent to get the visa in my passport. Once that's done, I can go to process the CPR. AFter that, I'll be able to get a causeway booklet!

By the way, the CPR should be renewed each year although I know some guys who let that lapse and simply live off the old number.

just got everything done today. FYI, the causeway booklet office and the visa office are in the same building. The CPR we did in Sitra mall where there's a CPR office on the 2nd floor.

The guy helping me get all this done said that the most Indian citizens can get is a 6 month re-entry visa (not sure how long you can stay during that time - may only be 28 days like my 5 year multi-entry) and that your CPR would only be valid for 6 months too.