Looking for new friends and more info about living in Barbados

Hi! My name is Katie and I will be starting grad school at UWI in January.  Was just wondering how it is to live in Barbados- meeting people, nightlife, finding an apartment, interacting with locals etc.  I've been to Barbados before and I loved it and I'm really looking forward to living the island life, but I know vacationing there is different from living there so any info would be great. I also would like to find people who enjoy some nightlife.

Hi Katie !

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi!  I'm Angela!  I'm moving to Barbados in December/Jamuary.  How have you find Barbados?  Have you found it easy to make new friends and setle in?  Any tips/advice greatly appreciated! Angela

hi all - just moved here myself a couple of months ago.  there are lots of things to do and the people are great; but if you're on your own it is (inevitably) harder.  If you fancy meeting up when you're here, then pop me a message!

Hey Katie, hope your doing well did you ever get to Barbados? I am quite new to Barbados, only been here a few months but if you have any questions i am happy to help if i can.

Hey James,
I'm not in Barbados yet, moving down in the middle of Jan.  How's it going for you down there?  I'm very anxious to move and have been looking all over the south for a place to live. I wanted to ask you about transportation.  Do you have a car or bike down there or are you mainly just using public transportation? Wuld love to rent a car for the time I'm there but seems too expensive.  Was just wondering if you had found some miraculous car renting place that's really cheap. Just let me know any info you think is helpful.
Thanks.
Katie

Hey Katie,

Check your inbox sent you some info on car hire.

James

Could anyone tell me what's a decent price for 1 bedroom on the south coast?

Hi There,

:) My name is Marta, I'm 25 and I recently moved to Barbados from Canada. I am looking to meet a fellow 'foreigners' (I'm from Canada) living in Barbados/ make new friends. Look forward to hearing from you!

MJ

hi Katie, i know its been a few years since you posted that msg but am hoping that your transition to Barbados was an easy one. Are you still in Barbados and at UWI? if you are still looking for friends msg me. :)

hi Katie
are you still in Barbados? i am also a student at UWI

Hi Miss French,

Welcome to Barbados.  I attended UWI and it is an awesome university. Are you getting on ok?

Kimberly

Hello, I love to move and reside in barbados too, can u help pls?

Hey I just moved from Canada to Barbados last month loving the place the only bad thing would be the high cost of living but the weather is great!!!

Hi! I'm jealous of you in the nice weather! What are housing prices like? We're considering a move within 3-5 years. What would $US 250-300K get us?
THANKS!

Hi Katie,

Hope you're well! How you finding things in Barbados?! I moved over from London, things are great, amazing weather is definetly a bonus!

Selen

Hi everyone.  Sorry but pls permit me ask how life is in Babados ? Nice weather yes. But how abt cost of living, food, transportation, nightlife, JOBS? etc..   I'm still not convinced moving there from Dubai, as hv seen no real points on these topics.  I need friends too when I'm there sometime these year 2015 or d next.    Tnx guys

Hi there everyone, I am new to this group. I moved here from the UK about two years ago and absolutely love it. The only negative I would say about being here is the very slow customer service where priority and customer satisfaction is not high on their list, especially when dealing with the governmental offices.

Hi Rita-bb, Barbados is a fairly expensive Island. A lot of the food is needlessly imported which drives up the cost. Accommodation in nice quiet residential areas or anywhere along the cost is, as you can imagine fairly pricey. Personally speaking the Island could do better in terms if nightlife, they are the usual bars and restaurants but other than that people tend to spend time on the boardwalk by Accra Beach/Hastings which offers spectacular sunsets and cool evening sea breezes. St Lawrence Gap on the South Coast is no longer as vibrant as it one was with a few of the nightclubs closed down. It was once always the place to be heaving with tourists and locals alike.

Oistins Fish Fry on a Friday night also could do better but all in all not a bad place for both tourists and locals.

Well, my name is Delver and I want to move to Barbados and make some friends. You can write me to either my local email (xxx) or gmail (xxx); preferably the first one.

I really want to know how to do things to get to Barbados, stay there and find a job. Any help on that would be great.

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi so nice to meet u on this page i will be coming to Barbados from February to March please I need ur help when I get there i stop for now hope hearing from you God bless you richly

hi so nice meeting you on this page i will be coming to Barbados from February to March please I need ur help when getting there let me stop for now hope hearing from you God bless you richly

@emjay246

Hi Marta, my name is Kristen I'm looking to move to Barbados from Canada. Looking at renting in the St James area

Hi! My name is Katie and I will be starting grad school at UWI in January.  Was just wondering how it is to live in Barbados- meeting people, nightlife, finding an apartment, interacting with locals etc.  I've been to Barbados before and I loved it and I'm really looking forward to living the island life, but I know vacationing there is different from living there so any info would be great. I also would like to find people who enjoy some nightlife.

- @Katie616

Hi Katie!

Nice to meet you ! My name is Aude I'm coming from Canada.
I think we are looking for the same life experience. I  came twice in Barbados for short trip and I planned to have a longer stay maybe next winter.
I give you my messenger if you want to exchanged more about that life project 😉

Ode Lemieux on FB

See you !

@creasyo hi good day. Hi please can you tell me more about James ? Am grace

is it easy to get work in Barbados

Hello @grace !

Welcome !

Please note that you are participating on an old thread. That member hasn't logged in for the past 10 years or so.

Regards

Bhavna