Moving to bali - need visa options or advice on Highway Bali Advisory

Hi

I know this question is probably asked frequently but I would like up to date information.

Has anyone used Highway Bali Advisory Services to help with the visa process? And would you recommend them?

Or is it best to use the Indonesian consulate in Perth?

My husband, son and I wish to move to Bali for as long as we can!

Thanks
Victoria

If none of you intend to work then probably best option would be to apply for a SosBud Visa which is valid for 60 days but can be extended 4 x for another 30 days so you could stay total 180 days.

You will need to have a sponsor in order to obtain that kind of Visa.

Tom, sosbud (social/cultural) visas are pretty much a thing of the past.  These days the normal visa for a long stay is simply called a 60 day visit visa which like the old sosbud visa is extendable here in Bali for up to four times, each time being good for 30 days for a total stay of 180 days.  This visa does not require a local sponsor.  Upon the third renewal, Immigration may ask the applicant for a sponsor...sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

With that in mind the OP should simply apply at the Indonesian embassy or consulate nearest to where they live...and this can be done on line (just Google).

Ahhhhh....OK Roy, thanks I was honestly not thinking about it