New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the New Zealand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in New Zealand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hello good day to all

My name is Carlos i am 36 years old, currently living in El Salvador, I am a Network Computer Technician, studied at Universidad Tecnologica of El Salvador, and i am looking forward to move to New Zeland, I do speak english well. I hope you guys can help me to guide me through this journey!

Hello Carlos and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please do not hesitate to create new threads for any questions that you may have on the New Zealand forum.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thanks Shaazia, Ill keep that on mind and thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Carlos!

Hello everybody,
We would very much like to move to NZ. We do have our minds set on Wellington.  The only thing that is standing in our way is my husbands qualification problem. He is a very good and honest maintenance plumber here in Durban, South Africa. He has been working for himself for 14 years now. But the only problem is he does not have papers because here in South Africa you dont need them. He does not like books and learning, lol :D . Can someone please advice on what I can do. My son is doing his last year in school and I would very much like for him to go study in NZ. My youngest son is 12 years old and at the moment I do home schooling with him because of schools that is not prepare to help when kids is battling. They simply dont have the time to help them.  Crime I will not go into, because the whole world knows how it is over here.  :(

ZendaB wrote:

Hello everybody,
We would very much like to move to NZ. We do have our minds set on Wellington.  The only thing that is standing in our way is my husbands qualification problem. He is a very good and honest maintenance plumber here in Durban, South Africa. He has been working for himself for 14 years now. But the only problem is he does not have papers because here in South Africa you dont need them. He does not like books and learning, lol :D . Can someone please advice on what I can do. My son is doing his last year in school and I would very much like for him to go study in NZ. My youngest son is 12 years old and at the moment I do home schooling with him because of schools that is not prepare to help when kids is battling. They simply dont have the time to help them.  Crime I will not go into, because the whole world knows how it is over here.  :(

Welcome to the forum. :) 

Unfortunately your husband will need to prove that he has qualifications to work as a plumber. These qualifications are necessary for visa applications.  Even with paperwork he would have to sit and pass an exam in NZ to bring him up to speed with NZ regulations. 

I suggest you check out www.immigration.govt.nz for visa information.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi,
Thank you :)  he will have to go then. Thanks for sending me those links.. I will go check it out now :)

hey i am doing computer science engineering. So what are the scope in new zealeand can we get job easily??

Hi all,

I'm Ajithkumar from Kerala, India.  i have done my MSc in Aquaculture and presently working as a researcher. planning to join a course in new zea land.  most probably, PG diploma in sustaibalble aquaculture at Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, Nelson Marlborough. and my wife, having succesfully completed MSc in Mathematics, working as a Lecturer in Mathematics for engineering students.  but, i'm a little bit confused,  working 20 hrs a week would meet our expenses there  ?  if i join the program, my wife will be eligible for a full time work visa.  whether she can find a job as a teacher or do some part time tuition ?

pls help me.  i have a lot more to ask.

thank you

Hello everybody!
My name is Daniel, I'm 18 years old and i am from Colombia... actually i live in Colombia but i want to move to New Zealand as soon as possible. If you're a latin american living in new zealand please help me! i have many questions for you.
Algún colombiano residiendo en NZ? tengo dudas acerca del tramite de visa, tengo entendido que la embajada más cercana está en chile. Por favor, ayuda!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462025

Thanks!

Closed