Jakarta

Hi,

Apa kabar?
I'm portuguese and live in Portugal.
I'm looking for an opportunity to change life in Jakarta, Indonesia.

I have a degree in Computer Science and I hold deep technological knowledge. I know Social Media also.
I'm learning bahasa indonesia at Embassy.

If i no find job in my field, i will looking for another.

Terima kasih

Welcome to the forum.

It is not easy to get a job in Indonesia, the regulations are very strict and foreign workers need to obtain a work permit to legally work.

That being said you need a sponsoring company willing to employ you and only if you fulfill the requirements it might be possible that the Ministry of Manpower will grant a work permit to the sponsoring company.

I hope Happyhour

HH is correct.
If you have skills that are unavailable or very hard to find here, you'll probably be able to get legal work.

I can make everything..if i dont have a knowledge i will learn for make that

DGoncalves wrote:

I can make everything..if i dont have a knowledge i will learn for make that

A good attitude is a good start, and seems like a very positive thought.
Get in touch with local industry professionals, and see what shakes out.
Remember, you must have skills that are unavailable locally, so niche markets might very well provide chances.

Thank you Fred.

Yes, i am a very positive person, and i no stop until have a job there.
All days i send a lot of emails and search more and more.

Hey you may try to apply for some vacants available at Accenture Indonesia.
It's a global consulting company which very keen on IT.
Your background seems suit with them.

it is not very difficult to find a job for IT professionals in Jakarta.. You should visit Indonesia and search for a job there, you will find a nice job hopefully..

safiullah123 wrote:

it is not very difficult to find a job for IT professionals in Jakarta.. You should visit Indonesia and search for a job there, you will find a nice job hopefully..

Why you always keep posting those things ?

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, how difficult it is for foreigners to get a job, a work permit and limited stay permit.

What do you know about rules and regulations in Indonesia ?

safiullah123 wrote:

Unless the applicant has skills unavailable or in short supply from Indonesians, it'd be almost impossible to get such a job.

Edit - legally.

There are illegal workers here, but they run great risks.
If caught, it could be fines and/or a spell in prison, then deported at your expense.
I would strongly suggest not doing it.

Saying that, it isn't totally impossible to get work outside the letter of the law, but I'm unsure how they get around the rules. It's unlikely to be totally legal, but that depends on who's looking.
In general, not a good idea.