Organic food and eco products in Phnom Penh

Hi everyone,

I recently moved here and have been looking for organic food and eco products in Phnom Penh. Any tips or advice would be so welcome!

Found some vaguely ecological Australian cleaning products and soaps in a few supermarkets; plus Natural Garden has veggies (does anyone know if their stuff is truly organic or not?); as well as some organic milk / tea / couscous / rice / popcorn and things at 240 on Street 240.

I'm a vegetarian but my partner eats meat - and we're preparing a giant barbecue party! - so we were wondering also if anyone has ideas about free range cruelty free organic eggs/chickens/pork/beef. Like, the stuff that's not full of random anti-biotics and hormones...

Maybe this last question is also too pie in the sky and hopelessly naive but is anyone in a food coop here? Or does anyone want to be?

Thanks,

Etelle

Hello Etelle.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hope you'll get some informations from other members.

PS: For safety reasons, avoid putting your personal details on a public forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

heya ..uhm.. dunno how it sounds to you but  about the meat do try the Halal meat..  the muslims  slaughter the animal in a diff manner, its cruelty free, no hormones and no random antibiotics per  their religion requirements.
It is called halal cz when they slaughter it they cut the jugular and let the blood drain out,they're not allowed to kill one animal in front of the other ( except fish which dies  by itself when taken out of water ) and they are blessing it in the Name of God( if you're religiously conscious)...not breaking the spine and stuff.

they don't have pork though :D

I only know the italian resto in street 51 and street 240.. is that the same place you mention before..

lani

I have been asking the same questions Etelle/Higonnet...

I have found out that the eggs are laid by chickens who have been injected hormones. Instead of laying one egg per day, they lay like 10 per day! Poor hens... anyways... at the Lucky Supermarkets you can find the "normal" eggs on the bottom shelf of the other eggs. I am not sure how clean they are, but they definitely tasted better than the others!

I recently found the Natural Garden store in BKK1 (I think it's the same one you are talking about) and have been buying my produce there. It tastes and looks organic from my experience, so I am pretty sure it is.

My husband and I have been on the low-fat raw vegan lifestyle for 3 weeks now and we require a LOT of food. So, anything you find out would be great regarding organic produce. I have also been looking for good dates!

Well, hope that helps :)

i am looking to make bread and whole wheat FLOUR Or as unrefined as possible if you find any source  in your travels here in PP ...

A new 100% Organic Market is now open in Phnom Penh, located street 13, n° 53, Sangkat Phas Chas

La Vie Claire Cambodia.