What kind of technology are schools teaching these days?

What kind of technology are schools teaching these days? Is anyone teaching children how to write code, how to use technology as a learning tool? Can today's teachers integrate technology in the class, and I don't mean using the smart-board and data show like a movie screen. I mean can today's teachers deconstruct their curriculum and match it with multimedia components. Just thinking aloud...

If teachers are not using technology to engage students how are they teaching them. This is the age of mobile technology and hand held devices. The internet generation is older now and they all are using these devices. You can't use yesterday's pedagogical thinking to teach todays students about tomorrow. They are already two days ahead of you…

firstly, thanks for the question, in time past, education has really been in a good position and it is at the apex in the sense that student are been taught the good aspects which will be of good aid to them but nowadays we are in the jet age wherein students are not ready to read and even the teachers are not ready to teach, instead, the give assignment to be searched on net.

As a teacher and school principal with experience in North America, Asia and Africa....I take exception from comments made by people who are not currently 'in the trenches'.  I'm not sure which schools you are referring to that are so behind in technology or don't know how to teach.  It seems to me that if you aren't in a school at the present time, then you are speaking for your generation - the past generation.  Sometimes the equipment provided is dated, the internet doesn't work, the books are censored and made unavailable....and still the teachers do their best to provide a good education.

Just ask a teacher...

Take all the exception you like..I usually do not respond to people who act like they know something about. In your case… what you need to know is that for the last seven (7) years I have been training teachers how to integrate technology inside the classroom using technology tools.  I call that going down in the trenches, working as the District Technology Coordinator for twenty-one (21) schools in the Cairo area.

I have been in education and technology all my life, and I am speaking from the 21st century and look at students learning out-comes.

But the question was for people who can be objective, which I see you can't…you can only attack… with your exceptions…

Please don't reply…just read…THINK…
But if you do I will not…bye….