New members of the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi there,
My husband and I are from the UK and he has recently been offered a job on St Vincent. We are hoping to move out in the next couple of months but are finding it difficult to do any real research on the island.
Obviously we are full of questions and would love to every thing from the price of a weeks shopping for a family of three to whether electrical goods from the UK really work on the island.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Kindest Regards,
:D

My name is Rick Williams,it's nice to say hello to all you expat adventurists.I already have a number of family members who live on various islands in the caribbean and have been just poking around to see what different places I'd like to relocate to or maybe bounce between a couple..you know,maybe a colonial Equadorian countryside and a beachfront somewhere like Bequia Island Grenadines or Ambergris Caye,Belize..whatever.I'm going to be running multiple businesses locally and Internet based and look forward to hopefully having excellent dealings with all the"powers that be/ rule" such entrepreneurial ventures,but we will see.I've been a free climber,surfer of big waves my whole life so challenge is what makes life  worth waking up for.My name is Rick Williams,my phone number is: 301-876-1706 feel free to call me 24/7....(moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website).Thanks Everyone,Rick

I'm am maxine i am thinking of moving to SVG.  I'm need all their info on how to live and do business there

Maxine11664 wrote:

I'm am maxine i am thinking of moving to SVG.  I'm need all their info on how to live and do business there

As a new member, welcome...

I am sure others will reply soon to your post. In the meantime please read through the posts on this section of the fporum for any information.

Good Day everyone. I am Oliver Ojobor, live in Lagos, Nigeria. Currently working as Admin Manager in Lagos, Nigeria. And seriously desire to relocate to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines with help of any member that cares. Thank you.

Wow...where to start while trying to be brief  :/

My wife and I are from the U.S. and celebrated our 20th anniversary two years ago in Grenada. We have had it in mind to begin a second life (or more to the point a second half to our life) somewhere in the Caribbean for several years and we fell in love with the island. The people are very genuine and are so humble and happy with what they have it was a very refreshing mindset compared to what we see in the states.

I run my own business and would love nothing more than to move towards a 8-10 year plan to sell either to a new owner or more preferably to my employees. As such our family would be looking for new opportunities to get involved in somewhere in the Caribbean. I'm wondering how welcoming the government and people are to "yanks" coming in and getting involved as well as what opportunities may be available. I've run my business for 18 years in the specialty automotive industry building emergency vehicles and obviously there are not enough police vehicles to support that business so I am searching for something I could apply my experience to.

Looking to see if anyone has experience they would be willing to share in this regard as we continue to try and get away from the rat race here in the U.S.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751419

Thanks!

Closed