Offer letter

Dear Sir,

Kindly advice me .

I got a job in technical trading as sales manager post with family visa.
medical completed
attestation completed.
signed the offer letter on 19 Feb. 2015.
on this day I got parallel offer to Qatar and Saudi, but I decline the offer signed for Oman. Infact COO wants to me they arranged Express Visa met him on 19 th march 2015 and back to India I was waiting for employment visa on several calls and mail today i.e. is 02 April 2015. received below statement.

"We thank you for expressing your interest in joining our Company. However, with the current circumstances, we are unable to obtain visa clearance for you. It is a serious problem which we are facing and therefore will not be able to provide you with employment visa.

Again, thank you for your interest in a career with us and we wish you every success in your future career.''

Now I have lost all the three offers its has shattered my life. Please do advice what actual meant by this unable to understand what to do.

thanks and regards,

ABDUL MAJEED KHAN

Hi abdulkhan1969,

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. But it is not too uncommon here in the Sultanate.

This sort of disappointment happens to many others too on a rather regular basis because of the Ministry of Manpower's unreasonable expatriate employment policies and procedures.

That is the reason why I keep repeating myself time and again on the forum that all those waiting to join their new jobs in Oman should not resign from their present jobs until and unless they see their employment visa.

Because often times, the companies cannot do anything except give up their hopes of getting clearances and employment visas for their new hires.

Don't give up. Try contacting the companies in Qatar and Saudi Arabia and find out if the position offered to you is still open. If you are lucky, perhaps they still would be !

Good luck.

Dear Sir,

thanks for prompt reply.

express visa can converted into employment visa I like to know

thanks

majeed

abdulkhan1969 wrote:

Dear Sir,

thanks for prompt reply.

express visa can converted into employment visa I like to know

thanks

majeed

Hi abdulkhan1969,

No visa can be converted any more.

The person has to necessarily exit the country and re-enter again.

Hi Friends,

I like to share my experience so that anyone in the same situation will be saved.

I  got a verbal promise for offer letter from an Oman Govt company on June 2019(i don't want to disclose the name now , it's a very old and established company in Oman, their products are very popular).

I had two rounds of interview. 2nd one was with the CEO,CFO and HRM. Interview happened on June 2019 morning in their office, they send me visa, ticket etc.
Same day evening after their board meeting the HRM called me and said I am selected and promised to send offer within a weeks time.

When I contacted them after 2 weeks , they said it's in the table of CEO for Signature.

Even now they are telling the same story. fortunately i haven't resigned my current Job.

It's all about professionalism and ethics of any company. it's clear that this company doesn't have both of this and they don't value others time.they are not even replying to my mail now.

They might be  keeping me as a backup and looking for better candidate.

I am very senior and experienced person worked in Middle East and Far East for years in IT field. So I know the culture of Middle East companies, especially Oman companies.

So if you don't get offer letter within 2 weeks then better don't wait and waste your time. that's my healthy advice , just move on and knock other opportunity.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the experience. I was almost in the same situation and this post helped me to take a decision.

Ur Welcome and Gud Luck for better Career.