Visa extension

Not sure what the B3 will be. By the way, B3 visas no longer exist...
I have heard that you need to leave the country and obtain a new visa because of the changes to policy on 1/1/15. But I might be mistaken.

The company is Thuan Viet Travel, 48 Nguyền Thiện Thuật, Nha Trang.
their phone number is 0586252024.
[email protected]

I shopped around quite a bit and they seem the most helpful and friendly too.
I'm sure they can advise you.

Oh, and I got my visa on arrival from vietnamvisapro.net
They were also very good and cheap. The letter only cost $23. Then the authorities get their $45 at the airport.

Hope this helps.

If anyone else has come across good prices elsewhere,  please post to this forum.
Thanks

This is now 3 months that visa extension is a mess like I have never seen anywhere including in Africa ! First (January 1), no visa extension unless you get out of the country (from Saigon, cheap and easy to go to Phnom Penh by bus, but for anywhere else, it means a costly international flight !) ; then it's OK again in Vietnam, then it's not OK then it's OK again but 300$, then 240$ in Hanoi, less in Saigon ; we are here for now. Result : instead of extending their tour of Vietnam tourists do it in another country.

Latest news from the Immigration wackos : no more visa on arrival for a 3 month visa with MULTIPLE entries ; expect that decision to be reversed and re-reversed ; a mad mad mad world !!!!!

larsay wrote:

This is now 3 months that visa extension is a mess like I have never seen anywhere including in Africa ! First (January 1), no visa extension unless you get out of the country (from Saigon, cheap and easy to go to Phnom Penh by bus, but for anywhere else, it means a costly international flight !) ; then it's OK again in Vietnam, then it's not OK then it's OK again but 300$, then 240$ in Hanoi, less in Saigon ; we are here for now. Result : instead of extending their tour of Vietnam tourists do it in another country.

Latest news from the Immigration wackos : no more visa on arrival for a 3 month visa with MULTIPLE entries ; expect that decision to be reversed and re-reversed ; a mad mad mad world !!!!!

When you have a lot of people in positions of power due only to nepotism and not for their actual skills,qualifications and previous experience in that field, then a problem will always arise. The visa system in VN is a joke as we know, but they seem hell bent on destroying their tourism industry. They can't seem to pass laws that make dog theft a higher grade charge instead of the paltry 100usd fine,yeah that will stop them.But yet they can change the visa laws every year,go figure.

Viet Nam is basically run by inept,uneducated family members who are lining their pockets and couldn't give a rats arse about their people. In saying that,there are some really good people in the government system, unfortunately they are few and far between and don't have the positions to change anything. Wake up Ha Noi, you are losing tourists by the thousands, countries like Cambodia,Laos and Thailand are sitting back and enjoying the increase in tourist numbers due to the stupidity that exists in VN?

mikeqt wrote:

Not sure what the B3 will be. By the way, B3 visas no longer exist...
I have heard that you need to leave the country and obtain a new visa because of the changes to policy on 1/1/15. But I might be mistaken.

The company is Thuan Viet Travel, 48 Nguyền Thiện Thuật, Nha Trang.
their phone number is 0586252024.
[email protected]

I shopped around quite a bit and they seem the most helpful and friendly too.
I'm sure they can advise you.

Oh, and I got my visa on arrival from vietnamvisapro.net
They were also very good and cheap. The letter only cost $23. Then the authorities get their $45 at the airport.

Hope this helps.

If anyone else has come across good prices elsewhere,  please post to this forum.
Thanks

Thanks for the tip!

honeyclotte wrote:

I dont think its about the Immigration, its the visa agent that wil rip you off..The immigration have their price for any type of Visa,..Thats why its better to run in Cambodia/Thailand etc,, VN Embassies but I heard the border (mocbai) is issuing visa stamp provided you will apply for a visa letter 3 days prior to your trip to the border, most of the agent now have their price for the visa letter and that depends on your nationalities, and urgency. range from 15 to 45,,not included the visa stamp..yey have differnt confusing fee..so check and look around some decent agent if you can find..(goodluck)

Can you explain how the visa stamp at Moc Bai works? Who do I apply to for a visa letter?   I have no knowledge of this so could you go through it step by step in detail please? I,m assuming this process will get me a DL visa.

From my understanding
Arrive Hanoi allowed 1 month extension 195 usd
Arrived HCMC allowed up to 3 month Extension  250 usd

Can get a B3 Visa if pay up to 100 extra from travel agent otherwise
you get a DL visa for 1-3 months , better to fly out for Hanoi or Bus run to Cambodia , you can get a visa on arrival for border gates , so can stay at hotel overnight or walk thru one gate then back thru same day ,

Hi,

My friend just got his visa extended for 3 months- single entry without leaving the country for $205. They quoted the visa on arrival is $45 dollars for the stamp and $29 for the letter. If you can get cheaper than that go for it.

larsay wrote:

What did you do Larsay?

travworld wrote:

From my understanding
Arrive Hanoi allowed 1 month extension 195 usd
Arrived HCMC allowed up to 3 month Extension  250 usd

Can get a B3 Visa if pay up to 100 extra from travel agent otherwise
you get a DL visa for 1-3 months , better to fly out for Hanoi or Bus run to Cambodia , you can get a visa on arrival for border gates , so can stay at hotel overnight or walk thru one gate then back thru same day ,

I think I will take the same steps as did Mikeqt in posts 119 and 121

Was that in HCMC or Hanoi ? And was it a B3 visa or DL

travworld wrote:

Was that in HCMC or Hanoi ? And was it a B3 visa or DL

It seems to me that he arrived at HCMC in January on a Visa on Application and got a 3 month single entry DL for $68, and has been able to get a 3 month extension at Nha Trang for $75.  But why not go direct to post #119 and ask him directly?    Just press preview, ask your question then press submit.

I flew in to HCMC.
And they gave me a DL, single entry 3 month visa.
From the official Vietnamese website listing the current visas, B3 has been abolished.
Multiple entry are always more expensive and difficult to renew.
Consider a new visa on arrival each time you enter Vietnam as it might be cheaper than multiple entry. Especially if you try to renew a 3 month multiple entry. Depends on your circumstances.

It's my understanding that the same US$45 price is charged at all airports.
They seemed to accept different currencies too. I think Euro and other major currencies.
The agent I got the letter from is quite helpful.
Just go to their website and ask your questions Or email them.
They respond the same day.
Go to my earlier posts for the website I used...

I'm not trying to promote them, but I used them twice now with no problems so at least this one is legitimate.
Watch out because some websites are not legitimate.
See the Vietnam embassy web pages for a list of fake websites.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

A "DN" visa is the new "B3".  The main differences from the "DL" visa are:

a.)  Immigration sprinkles faerie dust on the "DN" type, but on the ""DL" they use regular, old fairy dust

and

b.  The faerie dust, plus $275, unlocks the magical/mystical powers hidden within the "DN" visa, which in turn gives the playa' an extra life x 3 months. 

The "DL" type only gets a  playa' beaten mercilessly with a copy of The Communist Manifesto (Richard Marx,,1440, Pinko Publishing) should they try and circumnavigate the rules and regulations that were placed there to protect us (from ourselves) by Zues and the other gods that lie hidden deep within the Shadow of Mordor. 

Please make a note of it...  :whistle:

Noted accordingly.   
Good to see some sanity for a change.  😀

Just check those salt and pepper shakers your using.  Could be spiked.😉

Yogi007 wrote:

Noted accordingly.   
Good to see some sanity for a change.  😀

Just check those salt and pepper shakers your using.  Could be spiked.😉

OMFG, my post garnered a response from Yogi007! 

You're so cool Yogi!  I usually don't gush like this, but I just cannot help myself!

What's it like to be a winner sir? 

I'm waiting with baited breath for your snark-filled response...

Hey Mark,

We're all winners here, it's the land of milk and honey....that's why Yogi's here.

Yogi really likes the steel bars on his windows, the barbed wire , the heavy duty chains and padlocks he gets to play with every night to ensure a sound nights sleep, and if yogi is lucky the neighbours cat hasn't pissed on his shoes outside the door next morning.  Yep, there's something about the smell of fresh cats piss on your new Reeboks .

But, Yogi doesn't let it get him down.   When Yogi needs a self esteem "boost" he walks past one of the back street Bia Hoi swill pits which the local long term expats hang out in.  The Vietnamese must think it's a poor white trash convention held there. 😜

So , Yogi watches and observes the clientele and the state they are in , and then walks home feeling good about himself.   Believe it or not, I've actually told some of those guys why I walk past. Ha ha ha ,   Yabba dabba Doo  baby.

As Charlie Sheen would say.......winning , winning.

mikeqt wrote:

I flew in to HCMC.
And they gave me a DL, single entry 3 month visa.
From the official Vietnamese website listing the current visas, B3 has been abolished.
Multiple entry are always more expensive and difficult to renew.
Consider a new visa on arrival each time you enter Vietnam as it might be cheaper than multiple entry. Especially if you try to renew a 3 month multiple entry. Depends on your circumstances.

It's my understanding that the same US$45 price is charged at all airports.
They seemed to accept different currencies too. I think Euro and other major currencies.
The agent I got the letter from is quite helpful.
Just go to their website and ask your questions Or email them.
They respond the same day.
Go to my earlier posts for the website I used...

I'm not trying to promote them, but I used them twice now with no problems so at least this one is legitimate.
Watch out because some websites are not legitimate.
See the Vietnam embassy web pages for a list of fake websites.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

My girlfriend rang them this morning and spoke to a woman who said that the price of an extension was  $150.  Did you get a special deal ?

Yogi, what's Boo Boo doing while this is going on, nicking picnic baskets ? Does the ranger know

Quiet !!    Don't mention Boo Boo....

That kinky ranger thinks Boo Boo means Boom Boom.  We are both hiding up a tree.

:D:D:D

MarkinNam wrote:

:D:D:D

Yogi wonders why you have that cheeky grin......?
Maybe you from the same gene pool as that kinky ranger looking for us.
Grrrrrrrr.

Moving along .  ( before the moderators punt us)   How far up this tree and off the ground does Yogi and Boo Boo have to be ,to be considered as left the country.  Lateral movement across a border , by only inches counts......but what about vertical movement off the ground.  Maybe this will qualify as a border run .?????    Instead of going to PP we could all start climbing trees.......

Then the Visa agents could start building tree houses and start issuing Visa extensions .   
Smarter than the average bear Huh....

Don't laugh......given what's happening now it a very real possibility.

I have a 90 day multiple entry tourist visa that will expire on April 12th. My flight back to the USA is from HCMC and is on April 29th.
I have already been in Thailand more than 30 days. Can I return on 11th or 12 th of April and get a 30 day extension or new 30 day visa or would be better to let in expire and apply for a new 30 day visa before arrival or when entering the country.  I did not know of the new regulations so glad I was checking on them. thanks in advance for any advise.

Hi ,
I'd personally get a new VOA from www.vietnamvisapro.net . $10 for the letter and $45 at the airport.  Total $55.   It will be valid from the day you tell them your arriving for 30 days.

Extending the multiple will be a problem. Don't think they'll extend to a 30 day single anyway.   The  $55  VOA  online is the best bet all round and you know everything's done and dusted.

Thank you very much I think that is what I shall do then can spend a little more time in Thailand before heading back to VN.. I used that company for my VOA and all went well.

Can't help but laugh, besides the ranger was the straight 1, back on sub jet, has any one followed this through,  https://www.google.com.au/search?btnG=1 … OYBbbPgcAD    chapter11 visa article8;12DH student  8;17 tourist DL article 9;7 extensions. by extension, does it mean, of what you have already. Being as visa types can not be changed " in country"

mikeqt wrote:

Update: the agent phoned me today with an updated price for extension of the DL visa.
$75 for 3 months and $45 for 1 month.

Getting better everyday.

Gotta love Vietnam!

So Mikeqt, who and where is the agent ?

The problem as stated before is, the law is not consistent from Provence to provence, and nobody really knows the full story on visas as its not very transparent.

MarkinNam wrote:
mikeqt wrote:

Update: the agent phoned me today with an updated price for extension of the DL visa.
$75 for 3 months and $45 for 1 month.

Getting better everyday.

Gotta love Vietnam!

So Mikeqt, who and where is the agent ?

All the info is in post  #126. I asked the same question

cheers, sorry for the apathy, book marked the page now,  :huh:

I'm still confused...people are telling me different things.   
My 3 month tourist visa will expire on April 8th.  (In the past I had one month visa, and 2 different 3 month tourist visas.)  I'm a American living in Saigon.
What is the quickest and cheapest option to get a 3 month extension?

brubakertx wrote:

I'm still confused...people are telling me different things.   
My 3 month tourist visa will expire on April 8th.  (In the past I had one month visa, and 2 different 3 month tourist visas.)  I'm a American living in Saigon.
What is the quickest and cheapest option to get a 3 month extension?

Google Phatman visa and call him.

April 8 ? You better run to an agency who takes care of visas and it's going to cost you ! Other solution : get a new visa in Phnom Penh

3 mth single issued in Phnom Penh $105. Including fees. Takes overnight. 
Bus return $20.   cambodia Visa $35 .  Inc bus driver tip.

So your looking at $160  PLUS hotel accomm maybe 2 nights in PP.

If the agents here want $200  it doesn't look so bad.   If you want a break and to look around PP and other parts of Cambodia it's an opportunity to go, since $200 will cover a lot of your expenses including the Visa.

DIDENT know things had  changed, untill today. I have been living here for three years. Normally I renew my visa every 90 days at a cost of $45 . Once the year is up I have to make a visa run to Cambodia . Went there three months ago. So I was expecting to pay $45 for an extension . I was quoted $175... $170 ... $160 ,,gone with the $160, but that's such a big jump from  $45 . I don't understand the mentality of this goverment foreigners bring money into the country and investment would help the econamy a great deal, but the goverment seems to make it as difficult as possible. I don't know what they are going to do now as there are so many hotels that have been built in Nha Trang over the past three years and they are empty. Russians have gone, and these hotels are to expensive  for the Viets. I don't know where the custom is going to come from.

Yogi007 wrote:

3 mth single issued in Phnom Penh $105. Including fees. Takes overnight. 
Bus return $20.   cambodia Visa $35 .  Inc bus driver tip.

So your looking at $160  PLUS hotel accomm maybe 2 nights in PP.

If the agents here want $200  it doesn't look so bad.   If you want a break and to look around PP and other parts of Cambodia it's an opportunity to go, since $200 will cover a lot of your expenses including the Visa.

$800 a year is surely offset by the cheap cost of living for a year?

Yep, it sure is.  Thailand, bali, Philippines, Malaysia, are all more than $800 PA when you add it all up. Plus there's conditions to be met also.

Cambodia has the best deal. $280 12 mths and easily extended within the country. They are trying to attract retirees.

Besides, 4 VOAs are only $280 anyway.   It's pretty good here

Jeff Brewster wrote:

DIDENT know things had  changed, untill today. I have been living here for three years. Normally I renew my visa every 90 days at a cost of $45 . Once the year is up I have to make a visa run to Cambodia . Went there three months ago. So I was expecting to pay $45 for an extension . I was quoted $175... $170 ... $160 ,,gone with the $160, but that's such a big jump from  $45 . I don't understand the mentality of this goverment foreigners bring money into the country and investment would help the econamy a great deal, but the goverment seems to make it as difficult as possible. I don't know what they are going to do now as there are so many hotels that have been built in Nha Trang over the past three years and they are empty. Russians have gone, and these hotels are to expensive  for the Viets. I don't know where the custom is going to come from.

Hi Jeff,
Yes those ghost hotels will be doomed to failure.   I've noticed lately that I've never seen Nha Trang as quiet as it is now.    Also the street hawkers are getting more aggressive. They know the best days are behind them.      It mainly appears to be back packers walking around.  The vietnamese know the backpackers are not big spenders. So the high end hotels and restaurants will start to feel it.

There are supposed to be 3200 new hotel rooms coming ON this year. It's not looking good.

Hi all,

I just got the info from the agency I am usually proceeding with.

DN visa multi entries 3 months renewal : USD 368.

This is madness.

Have any of you experienced a recent renewal directly with the immigration office? I am thinking of going tomorrow because I suspect some regular ripping off here.....

Thanks

My work visa came through yesterday.  Two years.  I didn't have to leave the country even though my previous was a three-month tourist.  It cost me 9.5 mil. 

New problem: work permit requirement for teachers used to be university diploma OR five years teaching experience.  The OR has reportedly changed to AND, which would disqualify at least 3/4 of working teachers.  Nobody whose career has been teaching wants to come here.  The only two I know who meet that five year requirement got their five years where they're working now, and both are hoping to work less.

Ellion wrote:

Hi all,

I just got the info from the agency I am usually proceeding with.

DN visa multi entries 3 months renewal : USD 368.

This is madness.

Have any of you experienced a recent renewal directly with the immigration office? I am thinking of going tomorrow because I suspect some regular ripping off here.....

Thanks

I understood the new DN visa which was issued after 1 Jan 2015 was a business visa and valid for up to 12 months?