MOVING TO ABERDEEN

Hi everybody!

My name is Marzio and I'm 35! I'm planning to move to Aberdeen. I currently live in New York City, my wife is a newyorker (one of the few left! :) ) and NYC in this period is not exactly the perfect city for a baby (our son is 8 months and his name is Bronson!). We are now for a while in Bologna, Italy. I'd like to come in Aberdeen around late May by myself lookin for a job and an apartment, and then, as soon as I'll find them (I'm a professional skydiver but I have several other skills of course... I stopped living with skydiving, my wife is too scared for me :D ) they would come to me and we would start a new life there. Italy is just not the right place for an American, she is 22 and nobody here speaks English, I thought Scotland would been a good compromise for us!

Is it possible to find jobs and apartments quite easy? I would be the only one working, but my wife is an actress and gets around 1.000 euro per month of royalties so we wouldn't have to pay childcare etc....

We both love Scotland and Aberdeen seems the right city to grow up a large family.

Well, that's it... we are just two wanderers with a beautiful baby that would like to find the right city to grow up our family! :) This is me and my family.

Thanks for accepting me in the group and have a nice day!!!

Marzio

Hello Marzio77,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

I hope the members will revert back to you soon..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen

Thanks a lot Yuveshen! I hope too! Cannot stand to try my Aberdeen card :)

Hi Marzio,

My advice don't go to Aberdeen. If you have the choice, go either to Edinburgh or Glasgow. I have been living in Aberdeen for two years and the only thing I can say is that the city is very boring. There isn't much to do but the pubs and Union Square Mall. Plus the city is dead from June to October because a big part of the population is Students (and so am I) and we leave for that period of the year.