Recomendation for medical university in england ?

Hi guys, i'm Ed from indonesia. Just signed up for this website and anybody here can give me recomendation for medical university in england ?

Hi edwinadhi,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the England forum for a better visibility and responses.

Thank you.

Hello edwin,

Welcome to EB.

Getting admission in a UK university to study Medicine and Dentistry has been notoriously difficult. Till early 2000, all the universities restricted even UK nationals who had not passed A Levels from outside EU by imposing a quota.

I suggest that you inquire from the University where you prefer to get admission giving them the grades you are hoping to score and get the latest entrance requirements.

What most international students do now is to get their first degree from Qatar, Pakistan and Turkey, and then move to the UK or US for taking professional examinations. :one

Barts London is the best option in my opinion. You can also find lot of information on thestudentroom.co.uk website.  they have intensive medicine section with all the latest information

First step is to check if you have the right entry qualifications

Take a look at this website

http://www.studyin-uk.com/studyuk/medicine/

Another important matter is to find out which overseas qualifications are acceptable back in Indonesia. Many should be, but its worth checking. The Medidcal Council should be able to tell you.

In Malaysia a lot of student are going overseas to Russia and Egypt for low cost highly respectable courses. But again, you need to check your national licencing arrangements as that will affect you at some point.