How to work oven-microwave combo

We've been living in Belgium for a month, and we still can't figure out how to work the combination oven-microwave. I have looked at the manual online (it's an AEG), and the directions don't make sense even when you figure out what all the little icons mean.

Can anyone help? We are trying to broil something. It's getting tiresome having to cook all our dinners on the gas stove!

Hello bessfromfla,

Welcome to Expat.com.

I have moved your post on the Belgium forum for better interactions :)

Cheers

Mishna

bessfromfla wrote:

Can anyone help? We are trying to broil something. It's getting tiresome having to cook all our dinners on the gas stove!

:blink::blink::blink:

This is  the normal way to cook your dinner, at least in Europe.
I don't know what kind of stove you have but there should be an oven too, just open the door...

I realize there's an oven. But the buttons make no sense to me. Is there someone out there who can explain what the buttons mean?

Hi,

just ring up the manufatcturers helpline and ask.
We can't explain symbols we don't see.....

Not so easy. I don't speak Dutch.  Thanks anyway.

..try it in English. Most Dutch people speak excellent English or just ring the helpline in the UK.

Maybe you can add a picture of the symbols? Or give us at least more information about what type stove you have (with a serial number).

Just google the brand of your oven and add "what symbols mean" or "how to use it" ... google will come up with several forums and else discussing at length your doubts

Thank you, but I tried that.  The instructions are incomprehensible to someone unfamiliar with European appliances.