To all my fellow indians in istanbul: moving to Istanbul need help

To all my fellow indians in istanbul. I am looking at a potential move to Istanbul with my family (including my wife and daughter) and just wanted to get a sense of what's it like for indian's to live in istanbul, are there many indians around? what is the average cost of living, medical facilities, schools for children my daughter is 18 months and would need to go to a play school, is language an issue? do we get Hindi TV channels in Istanbul, are there many indian restaurants, is it a safe place since my job involves travelling?

Any advise would be realy really helpful

looking forward to hearing back

thanks and regards

love2Travel15 wrote:

To all my fellow indians in istanbul. I am looking at a potential move to Istanbul with my family (including my wife and daughter) and just wanted to get a sense of what's it like for indian's to live in istanbul, are there many indians around? what is the average cost of living, medical facilities, schools for children my daughter is 18 months and would need to go to a play school, is language an issue? do we get Hindi TV channels in Istanbul, are there many indian restaurants, is it a safe place since my job involves travelling?

thanks and regards

Hello Sir

Turkey is very beautiful country and Istanbul is world famous for its beauty and night life.
For Indians its nice city as Turkish people really respect India and friendly with all foreigners.
As in every other city of the world there are areas in Istanbul also where u have to take extra precaution before going otherwise its very safe city
Average cost of living depends on the area where you will live as rent are expensive in main city
Medical facility will be easy for you as it is mostly covered by the health insurance and many private and govt. hospital accept it.
Cost of education is expensive as compare to india. And if you are worried about language then you can send her to some international school.
NO Hindi tv channels here( i couldnt able to find) but with nice internet you can watch everything in internet nowdays.
language can be issue as most people talk in turkish only. But its always wise to learn to language of the country as fast as possible.
i heard of only one Indian rest. till yet in istanbul ,its name is SWAD and i think its in taksim.

Regards
Rohit

Hi Rohit
Thank you very much for the information.
are you from which city in India?
Where are you staying in Istanbul and how long?
we can meet up when I will be there.
how much I have to spend on food if I cook at home?
For Transport how much I have to spend/month?
any suggestion will help
Thank you once again.

Hi,

I am just 2 months in Istanbul . But what I say is that yes language is an issue. You will find less people speaking in English . But if you go to Carefour there would be someone who speaks english.

Coming to Hindi channels I have not found so far . If I find will keep you posted.

So far I have not come in any contact with fellow Indians in Istanbul.

Regards,
Shyam

love2Travel15 wrote:

thanks and regards

hi frnd,
i m frm ind.i got job in istanbul turkish petroleum company.is this company genuine or not ?anyone hav an idea abt that?

how is the culture?
we r able to settle there or not?

Hi frnds ,i got job offer letter inTurkishpetroleum,cankaya-istanbul.Is this genuine company or not? anyone having any bad exp there regarding job? How is atmosphere there to settle?

or any froudness is there/

hi may i know u i also want to move there for phd

yes sure give ur mail id mine is [email protected]

Istanbul is a multicultural n beautiful city.must move on..

thnx for reply may i get ur fb id or email id