Indian Grocery Store

HI ,

I have recently moved to Istanbul for a year .

Can someone let me know is there any Indian grocery store in Istanbul wherein I can buy indian spices ( like garam masala, some read to eat packets etc)

Regards,
Shyam

Hey

When i was looking for masala i find it in grand bazaar and it was quiet cheap. If you cook chicken tikka invite me too haha take care

Hi Shyam
Are you still in Istanbul?
I am also planing to move to Istanbul in May for 1 year.
Did you find any Indian Grocery shop there?
Could you please help me with the information that How much I have to spend in a month for Food (if cook at home) for 2 adult and an Infant?

Hi,

I have not yet found any Indian grocery stores so far .

In super markets like Migros you can find Turmeric, chilli powder but not other spices .

Cost of vegetables is not so expensive compared to other European countries and you can sustain. All depends on how much you will paid during your stay

Regards,
Shyam

One of the places where you can find a good variety of Pakistani & Indian spices is Spice Bazaar opposite Eminunu. Though I would recommend that you either learn the Turkish names for the spices or alternatively, take someone along with you who can speak Turkish.

Enjoy your stay!

shyamdavey wrote:

HI ,

I have recently moved to Istanbul for a year .

Can someone let me know is there any Indian grocery store in Istanbul wherein I can buy indian spices ( like garam masala, some read to eat packets etc)

Regards,
Shyam

Thanks a lot . I will take along with me someone who can speak turkish

Hi Shayam,
I have been living in Turkey for a while an have found some spices so for,
Like - Turmeric Powder, Zeera Powder, Chilli Powder (but not hot), garam masala, .. in Migros.

I'm also looking for indian best grocery online stores which provides best offers with great discount,

MIGROS, MACRO and CARREFOUR are some stores that offer some spices, though the prices are pretty high end at Macro.

Most of the indian spices are available in Micros. Many places have the couple of sauces option like Korma sauce, Vindaloo..
I also suggest that if anyone coming from India or anywhere else where indian spices are sold to get the individual packet one for specific dishes. I do stock like Shaan, MDH etc..

No problem

SSDAVEY wrote:

Thanks a lot . I will take along with me someone who can speak turkish

Dear Sir

We need to open market for product of Thailand [fruit ect]. Are you  advise.

Thank you so much

Salaam bro I'm Malik from Hyderabad india presently  living in Istanbul I have all the masala in my house. ..even I cook Hyderabadi Dum biryani and all nawabi dishes

Hi
This thread is about Indian grocery stores.
You may want to start a new thread for Thai products.
Also please note that advertising is allowed in CLASSIFIEDS section only.

Good luck
Z

Mr.Chalermvoot wrote:

Dear Sir

We need to open market for product of Thailand [fruit ect]. Are you  advise.

Thank you so much

Thank you
And am sorry

No problem.
Good luck
Z

Mr.Chalermvoot wrote:

Thank you
And am sorry

Hello ,
We have moved to Istanbul  near Taksim area recently. Looking for advice on Indian grocery store. I m aware
Of  basic stuff available in carrrefour n migros.
But any specific store where many stuff like Chana dal . Urad dal are available? Please advise . Thank you:)

Not the best bet, but you may want to try Macro. Thats the higher end store with certain imported commodities available.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Z

Maddyb123 wrote:

Hello ,
We have moved to Istanbul  near Taksim area recently. Looking for advice on Indian grocery store. I m aware
Of  basic stuff available in carrrefour n migros.
But any specific store where many stuff like Chana dal . Urad dal are available? Please advise . Thank you:)

Thank you very much will try that :)

No problem.
Good luck.: )

Makro is the best supermarket to find international foods,special wines.In Kanyon Mall there is Makro.But still there is no just Indian foods shops like in Europe.

Thank you :)

Hi All,
I have a event in Antalya, need few Indian spices, want to check if we can carry it in our luggage?? Or if anyone can help me source them locally. It will be a great help.🙏🏻

I am considering to live in Istanbul. Where does Indian community lives in Istanbul?
Thank you.

@selenaaa i am  cvooking chicken tika tonight please come

Hello RKHAN52,

The post of Selenaa is from 2015 ! you won't hear from her !

Hope you had a great meal!

I am closing this thread, the original post is quite old and other posts have been off-topic.

Regards,

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed