Traffic Check : Car Tints / Film apprehension/removal

:/  Recently, the Traffic Department (Muroor) has launched an extensive, and visible campaign against cars with tinted windows. I got mine free from the dealer, and as they gave the choices, they have applied to my car what is "allowable" level of tint. I am getting anxious - and still lucky to get around...but...is there really an "allowable" level of tint? what number? and if you get caught --- how much will they fine you?  :sosad:

Allowable tinting is 30% for the rear and side windows. Anything above that will be removed if caught by traffic personnel and the fine could be in the range of 100-300sar.
Thumb rule To check the allowable tinting is that the passenger sitting inside the vehicles with all the windows rolled up should be visible from outside !!

I had a lucky escape once when a kind hearted officer asked me to remove tints. I explained him that I will take the car immediately for tinting again since I have family and had bad experience once.

saimans wrote:

Allowable tinting is 30% for the rear and side windows. Anything above that will be removed if caught by traffic personnel and the fine could be in the range of 100-300sar.
Thumb rule To check the allowable tinting is that the passenger sitting inside the vehicles with all the windows rolled up should be visible from outside !!

:/  im pretty sure that the front passengers are very much visible still...but...i think, it will really just depend with the police' mood...  :(  well, goodluck...

Popolocroix wrote:

:/  im pretty sure that the front passengers are very much visible still....  :(

Even the passengers sitting in the rear seat should be visible !!