Buying blood pressure medication, over the couter Saudi.

Hello, anyone.

There is a strong possibility I will be starting work in Najran in the near future.
I have looked all around the forums and websites,  but cannot find if I can buy over the counter bp medication.
I live in Thailand and can buy just about anything, I have lived in Dubai, Libya and many other places, it has always been easy to get meds, but I know Saudi has very strict rules.
Can anyone help ?

I have high bp too and I have been told by the pharmacist that you can buy it over the counter along with many other types of common medication such as diabetes related and high cholesterol etc.  However, I haven't actually bought it yet as I still have some that I brought with me from my country.

Thanks very much for your information,  lots of helpful folks on this forum.
it's amazing that isn't more information online.
Anyhow now i know.
To buy generics here is very much less expensive than the hospitals.
All thd best

Pitch 306 is right, you can just get it here over the counter and dont worry you can have the generics too. i noticed medicine here is much cheaper compared to my country (Im from Philippines)

Thanks for that, I live in Phuket and it's cheap, I should imagine not much different to Philippines,
I didn't want to get more medicine here and get into trouble on arrival,  it's great news that it's available over the counter.

lina I would be there in riyadh for medical field as well. which one is cheaper to live in compound or live in studio alone outside.

Hello Radman,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Please note that the topic of this thread is about blood pressure medication and not really about accommodation.

Do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Riyadh forum for a better interaction. :)

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi there all,

I'll be at Khobar by next week. Is it permissible to carry BP medicines to KSA? PLEASE ADVISE & It will helpful to me.. Thanks.

Good morning
its better to bring a doctor  prescription  with you
welcome here in KSA
i hope u will enjoy

Hello everyone! I also had problems with high blood pressure and I live in Saudi Arabia. The natural remedy Tonosil helped me, which can be purchased here without a prescription. It contains garlic, lemon balm, hawthorn, and vitamins B6 and D3. Try it, maybe it will help you too.

Hello everyone! I also had problems with high blood pressure and I live in Saudi Arabia. The natural remedy Tonosil helped me, which can be purchased here without a prescription. It contains garlic, lemon balm, hawthorn, and vitamins B6 and D3. Try it, maybe it will help you too.