Feeling about being a foreign business partner to a Sri Lankan project

Hi
Catherine, new to this forum. I would like to find out more about being a foreign business partner to a Sri Lankan project, preferably in eco tourism.
Has anyone had any experience of this?
Any advice/info welcome

Hi Catherine,

I have created a new thread with your question on the Sri Lanka forum in order to give it more visibility.

Here some members will be more at ease to share their experiences with you. :)

Are you actually thinking about investing in a Sri Lankan project please?

Thanks

Priscilla

would recon you visit Sri Lanka and spend some time to get a feel of the place

while you are there you can visit some eco tourist locations and meet the people who run these places

just be careful to invest with the right honest people

wish you the best

Chris

Hi Catherine,

We're from the UK and established a business in Sri Lanka 4 years ago, send me a private message if you want to hear about our experiences.

Hello Gupi77,

I think that it would be best if you can share your experiences with all of us on the forum itself, as these information might be useful to other members as well.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi,
If you are thinking to invest, we are open to discuss, We have invested for following project elephantlakeyala.com
facebook.com/elephantlakeyala

looking forward to hear from you.

Sumith
[email protected]

Hi, If you have good money I can provide   you some infomation about a new business ln real estate field. [Moderated: Do not share any contact number on the forum]
Thanks

Thank you all. There has been a death in the family and I won't be online for a while. Back to you all later

My greatest condolances!

Hi  I wonder if you can help,  i have recently been to sri lanka, loved the place the people and genrally everything about it.  I asked to be showen some land and fell in love with one plot in pitculare.  I would love to buy it and build a beautiful villa / guess house on it to run as a buisness for people visiting sri lanka.

I went and met a lawyer (organised by the chap showing me the land) in galle fort next to the court house and rooms and he explained the two ways of purchasing.  One with a local partner and the other as a 99 year lease. (have to admit it all seemsed totally above board and profesional)

I had heard the lawyers will act as nomanee or silent partner holding 51% of the shares for a fee.  i Asked him about this and he said that he can will and has done this. Has any one had any experiance of this. Is it a big con.  I would love to do it but dont want to put my trust in people then get stitched up.

And does anyone have any nfo on the 99 year lease option. i know you end up paying around 19% tax over the 7% when you set up a company but that way you do own the property 100% for 99 years.  how would this work also if i set up a sucsesfull buisness and i wanted to sell for what ever resone in 10 years time.

Please help its all i can think about.

Kind regards James

Ps sorry about any spelling its not a strong point of mine :)

Hi James,

Thats nice that you have taken a liking to Sri Lanka

your thoughts are correct
you need to be a careful with this stuff

I was born here, and lived out of the country for a couple of years
i am back in Sri Lanka now.

If you want me to put you in contact with someone in the area to try and help you
you can let me know
and you guys can work directly on your requirements,

chris0222222 at gmail . com

Best Wishes

Chris

Tourism, Investment, Real Estate, Share Ownership...

So many things to digest

I am not a big time investor but do aware of in and out of the system

Please don't get caught to the 51% stake and the silent partnership trap...

There are clear guidelines over what can be done and what is restricted by nature from the GOSL and the Central Bank.

Admins please don't delete the following links as these are the entry points for anyone want to jump in to Sri Lanka for a business purpose.

http://www.cbsl.gov.lk/htm/english/07_af_1fer/f_2.htmlhttp://www.cbsl.gov.lk/pics_n_docs/10_p … t/bl_3.pdf

I doubt anyone with a 51% equity would stay silent. Therefore don't get caught to the trap. Especially it involves a property, investment and a business.

Current government is business friendly, however given the fact that its a volatile and minority government, things can go in other way around.

Anyone willing to start a tourism business can first start as a traffic generator.

You can setup a limited liability venture in your country, can hire a local knowledgeable over the sector and can create packages matching the local clientele.

You can try this for next couple of months till the current political turbulence ends and pro rightist government secures majority.

Once the turbulence ends, you can hire a local consultant over drafting a solution matching your investment capacity.

There are many ways to tap in to the physical operations and I can unlock details based on individual needs.

I can provide the details for free and can help you to get the things sorted out for a monthly retainer which we can discuss later on.

Don't gamble with your hard earned money as there are many wolves behind the trees.

Hello Kath

chanakabandara wrote:

Hello Kath

Hello chanakabandara
Welcome to the EB! :)
Please write something useful and relevant to the thread.
Regards
Mal

Hello Mr.Courty
                                                                                    I have read your post and absorbed the point.if you are interested to keep your project management moving,feel free to contact me.i have got resources and contacts everywhere in sri Lanka.Leave a message here if you are interested.Then next time I will give you my contact details.                                                                           

Best regards

Thanks
Milan

Hi, I am from Downsouth sri lanka.
I have already established a project for eco tourism and yoga. I am looking for a real business partner who manages to make business to our projects.
Thanks.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos or external groups on the forum.

Hello all :)

Please note that the forum should be used only for exchange of informations in relation to Expatriation.

For all those who are seeking business partners or investors, please drop an advert in the related field of the site :

> Business partners classifieds in Sri Lanka

Regards
kenjee

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : plesae recommend your contact on the business directory. Thank you.
Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + drop an advert in the Business partners classifieds in Sri Lanka section pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct