PDO Labor clearance

Thank you very much. Have suspected as much and understand HR is frustrated too. :)

Will keep on being patient and see what happens next.

Glad HM is back!

Have a great weekend,
Skibby

Hi Splendor,
Interesting post. Thank you.  Just few questions related to your post and listed below:
"For now there is no one can answer anything, it looks like its stop totally...  This means they are coming with new regulation and rules" - is rules change a normal occurrence , based on your knowledge of the system as I am not familiar with the Omani processes .

'... return of the his Majesty Qaboos after being 8 months away from the country,, Since the start of the labor clearance issue " - please be so kind a clarify - has the labour clearance issue started since His Majesty left the country or have  I misread your post.

Thanks again for answering this and I would welcome anyone willing to bring more clarity to this entire issue .

Great news on the return of His Majesty to Oman. Wishing you all a great week-end under such auspicious news!

Just heard that everything is on hold from PDO side. Not sure when things will go back to normal.

Nomad Skippie wrote:

Interesting post. Thank you.  Just few questions related to your post and listed below:
"For now there is no one can answer anything, it looks like its stop totally...  This means they are coming with new regulation and rules" - is rules change a normal occurrence , based on your knowledge of the system as I am not familiar with the Omani processes .

that very possible to have new regulations,, I  only know they are trying to enforce the Omanization

Nomad Skippie wrote:

'... return of the his Majesty Qaboos after being 8 months away from the country,, Since the start of the labor clearance issue " - please be so kind a clarify - has the labour clearance issue started since His Majesty left the country or have  I misread your post.

Not really, what I mean Delaying  start since that time, but I am sure some others got their approval also, I know few people got their approval also ...

Anyhow, I am sure this will end, as PDO running business, and we all know that Business will need more people for success and the question is when !!?

Thank you, Splendor for answering my queries.  Also,thank you for your optimistic and encouraging comments with regards PDO manning.
Any other piece of info with regards what is going on and on some future prognosis of LC/visas clearance , would be more than welcomed.
Thanks again!
NS

Hi all, maybe someone stated this already and I've since forgotten. If so, sorry.

I know MoM handles LC. Which government agency handles employment visa? ROP? So, when I am told that the visa is 'in process,' HR means it's sitting with ROP, right?

Thanks

Dear All,
I have contacted the PDO Recruitment agent and they told me that PDO itself is chasing their government to clear labour clearance as they are also in need of man power.

Hoplfully that they will get all of our LCs in April.

Cheers
MAZ

Hi Mohamed and All
I recieved Mail from them that they are doing their best and effort to get LC done ASAP and the process is ongoing.
I hope it will be clear maybe next month or at least before June, otherwise it's an issue for some of us how will be with his kids (maybe there is no seat in the school that time for next year)

Good luck

Dear All,
Yes you are right, but no one can joined them befor mid June if he/she have kids in school phase.

Hope to see you all next summer in Muscat.

Cheers,
MAZ

Hopefully, some good news for people awaiting PDO LC.  There is likely to be an agreement with the MoM to process LC's for PDO.  But this is only a speculation.

PDO holds passing out ceremony for 362 Omani vocational trainees

Read more: muscatdaily.com/Archive/Oman/PDO-holds-passing-out-ceremony-for-362-Omani-vocational-trainees-3y03

Dear all,

Any update about LC process? for my case, no change in story " waiting for LC"

Wait continues for me too  :(:blink:

Same with my case..i have followed up last week with the agent who represents me to PDO, but according to them no progress yet with the LC.

Awaiting visa still...

They have send me an email yesterday and told me that they are still waiting the LC.

So we have to wait 2 months more.

Cheers
MAZ

Same with me Maz, got an email from them saying the same thing.

Hi all
I recieved this mail from PDO also
Respected Candidate,

We would like to thank you for your patience. This is an update on Labour Clearance status which is still under process, we continue to be engaged with the Ministry of Manpower on daily base. However, at this stage the status remain unchanged, unfortunately , at this stage we are not in a position to provide a clear timeline because the process is completely controlled by the authorities hence, we'll keep you posted for any new updates.

Thanks you again for your endurance and looking forward to meet you soon.

Any one recieved this mail?

Had the exact same email 2 days ago.

Hello Everyone,
Waiting on LC too. No email from PDO , though.
One question for MAZ : you have mentioned 2 more month of waiting . Is this your own estimate or you got some formal info on this timeline?
Thanks for clarifying.
I know I have asked this before, but I will ask again: anyone has any idea on what is going on and what are the causes generating this delay/wait?
Thanks,
NS

Does ROP handle Employment Visa?

I know MoM handles Labour Clearance.

Thanks

same mail I received three days back

Guys just got an email from my agent regarding PDO LC. According to PDO, they will start getting the LC from next sunday. But no time frame given about the visa.

I got similar information from PDO agent.. hope to receive LC by next week. :)

Dear Nomad,
Two months more; It is my best expectation.

Dear Sora,
Is it true that they will get the LC next Sunday!!!

Please reply.

Cheers
MAZ

Hi Maz,

According to them they will start getting the LC from sunday. Im just not sure if that will be all LC or batch by batch.

Regards

Thanks Sora and every one who participate in this concern.

Cheers,
MAZ

Thanks Sora and every one who participated in this concern.

Cheers,
MAZ

Dear All,

To day I received from agent below message,
Dear ……….,
  First of all please accept our sincere apology for the long waiting which was beyond our control.
Secondly, we would like to inform you that the Company has managed to overcome the situation and we're gradually moving toward normal.
  However, we are anticipating to start receiving LC's starting from next Sunday, we'll keep all concerns posted on the progress which we assume to be much faster than previous, for the time being we'll appreciate if you can stay patience until our next notification .
Thank you ones again for your endurance.

That is very nice note, thank you so much

Hello All,
Thanks for sharing this information. A glimpse of hope makes things seem a lot better.
Hopefully issues have been resolved and things will go back to normal.
One question though: next Sunday means Sunday 12.04.2015 or the following one?
Cheers,
NS

All,
I have also received the same email stating that PDO will start receiving LC next week.
Hope things are moving and all will get their visa soon!

Regards
Okpv

Hello my friends,
Whom have any kids in schools should come after his kids finish this calendar education year and completly attesting his school certificates.

So it will be in the second week of June 2015 not before due there are no vacant places in PDO school or other international schools also.

Cheers
MAZ

Cheers

Hi guy,  I am working in oman. I need to know how much it will cost approximately to get a driving liscense in oman. I am Indian so I have my Indian driving liscense but no good experience of driving in india. So can any one tell me how much will it cost approximately to get an omani driving liscense

Dear all
Any latest news for LC

Wait  .. wait.

This is the PDO reply.

syedasifalishah wrote:

Hi guy,  I am working in oman. I need to know how much it will cost approximately to get a driving liscense in oman. I am Indian so I have my Indian driving liscense but no good experience of driving in india. So can any one tell me how much will it cost approximately to get an omani driving liscense

Hi syedasifalishah,

Please post your query under the appropriate topics - not randomly.

Mohamad MAZ wrote:

Wait  .. wait.

This is the PDO reply.

Dear Mohamad,
is this today's reply or older one, I mean when did you last contacted PDO.

Regards,
Tech-Base

Dear all
The process with LC is not stopped is very slow only, my agent told me that one from November team got his LC in March, and they told me is only slow, that's why we need to wait.

Regards

Rachid

Rachid3 wrote:

Dear all
The process with LC is not stopped is very slow only, my agent told me that one from November team got his LC in March, and they told me is only slow, that's why we need to wait.

Regards

Rachid

Dear Rachid3,
If this is the case then what about the email sent to many candidates by the agents (with PDO email forwarded) that its going to be started from Sunday i.e. today and this is official response from PDO....

did you get any similar email from your agent or PDO directly ?

Thanks for sharing this information.

Regards,
Tech-Base

Any one received any response from PDO today??