Should I consider shifting to Behrain?

Hi all,

I am a trainer working with a college in India. I have a job offer in a school where they will provide me a shared furnished accomodation and around 400BHD. My current salary in India is 35K, but this is my home town and am living with my family. If I shift to Behrain I will be alone there. What I wish to know is, is this a good option? should I shift or no? and is 400BHD sufficient to live an average life and save some part of it? Pls do guide me...

Just check up how is the Accommodation and which area.. Your Monthly Expenses could be around BD 150 for simple living without Vehicle.
Should compare between how much you save in India and here.
Here Pay scales are less as compare to other GCC region so think twice but one good thing is it is quit a safe place for single Lady.

Hello pujamehta141,

You can have a look at discussion in the forum categories, topics like Cost of living in Bahrain – 2015 might be helpful for you to have a better visibility.

Thank you,
Marjorie :)

Hi

I'd say, you are selling yourself short. Negotiate again. A minimum of 700 + accommodation is what you ideally should be looking at, in case you are looking for savings as well. You'd barely save anything substantial in 400.

Peace

Bahrain is a very beautiful and lovely island but I think 400BD Salary is not enough to sacrify your family for. Because you may need to spend around 18 to 20% of your salary for simple living cost. Therefore think twice before you shift and if you think that your family member will be joining you too and also work in Bahrain you may save good money this way, However I wish you all the best.