Nations I didn't know about...

Just as an odd topic... to toss out

I noted earlier a new member to the forum from a place I had never heard of before (Djibouti) ... I'm pretty well traveled and "would like to think" (lol) I've at least 'heard' of most (if not all) countries currently states of our globe.  It got me wondering how many others I had no familiarity with, sooooo ...I looked them up.  I found 7 governments I was unfamiliar with ... two were Island states out in the Pacific (no surprise there) "Niue" & "Kiribati" ... one I would have guessed as part of Indonesia "East Timor" ... three contested "South Ossetia" (with Georgia) "Transnistria" (with Moldova) "Nagorno-Karabakh" (with Azerbaijan) ... and the one that caught my attention "Djibouti" ...

I thought there were only 196, but I guess thats just UN chartered ... the list had over 200 on it. 

anyone so knowledgeable with Global Geography that they know them all?  Any kids games out there with that kind of information?  lol

at the risk of sounding technophilic, i'm pretty sure there is an app for that :P

(sorry, anyone who has enjoyed a game of cards against humanity may find that funny)

i'll elaborate on your search query if i may - search for micronations - i.e "countries" that have declared themselves countries unto themselves despite not being recognized as such by anyone e.g. the principality of Sealand (of which i am an official Lord, i have the certificate at home to prove it too)

Djibouti is familiar to me given the recent crisis in yemen - it is on the opposite side, in Africa, and a refuge for Yemenis.  all the rest,, no clue.

but how can u not know Djibouti? infamous with the phrase, shake your booty in Djibouti

legacy wrote:

but how can u not know Djibouti? infamous with the phrase, shake your booty in Djibouti

yeah right... I'm guessing the 'D' is silent?  see, I don't even know how to pronounce the place... lol

(soooo, do you treat your serfs well lord?)  lol

:D

no no, not silent, you just have to rush it :P

i treat them as well as their previous lord sir ;)

legacy wrote:

i treat them as well as their previous lord sir ;)

Sooooo, then your saying that the basis of treatment of your Fiefdom is all relative to the feodal (feudalistic) system of your predecessors?  and that the justification of treatment is derived hence?  It sounds like Kuwait... Lol  :P

aye, i am, and one more word out of you and its off to the pillory ;)

Viva La Revolucion!!!!!  LOL   :mad::dumbom: