Moving to Oman

I have an offer as a Manager in a Trading House, which I am considering. Can somebody guide me on the following
1) Is domestic help available for 2 hours a day for cooking / vacuuming the house on alternate days? We will be only 2 persons. What will be the approximate cost
2) Is furniture available on monthly rent (TV, Fridge, microwave, cooking range, furniture etc) ?
3) Are cars available on monthly rent ? For example, what will be the cost for a Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla ?
4) What American banks are located in Muscat ? (BOA, Citi etc)
5) Does a medical health insurance scheme cover doctor's consultation fees and medicines also, apart from hospitalization?
6) How good are broadband services ? Is Skype legal ?

Let me tackle e few points I have a little clue about. Skype was banned here but you can use other medias for video chats.
About house help, you can always put an ad here with all e details am sure u wont fail to find one. About the housing, health insurance n transport.your employer is the best person to ask first if there is an arrangement for a well furnished house, a car n other allowances for you

Hello PankajD,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

I can guide you to a few topics available on the Muscat forum to enable you to have an idea about the several questions you have asked. You can browse the following topics:

1) Banks and finance in Muscat
2) Cars Muscat, Transportation in Muscat
3) Health system in Muscat
4) Telecommunications in Muscat

Best of luck.. :top:

Regards
Yuveshen