Any new rule for female expat for work visa

Hi all,

In oman getting job is very difficult for female expat . So many rules and restrictions. From last year on words they stopped issuing visa for female expat.
Anyone know recent update regarding the employment visa for female.

Thanks
Rabitha

Hi, Anyone living in al khuweir? What are the things you would advice someone moving to al khuweir?

HI I am heading HR for a big organisation
here - currently Localisation is imposed which means Omanisation % need to be achieved and to improve the living conditions of Locals especially Omani's Expat ladies are finding difficult ti get employment visa !!

If companies who have already applied for female clearances, they cal apply for VISA for certain positions listed from the ministry of manpower

unless i know what profession are you in, i cant help you

regards
Charles

Hi charles,
Thanks for reply.

Iam looking a job in the field of financial consultant /project mgt/project coordinator. I have experience of  4.7yrs with mncs.

Some ppl are saying regarding female, employment visa is going to be worst and some ppl are saying if female is above 30 yrs they will get visa.

So much confusion regarding the visa.

Thanks
Rabitha

Hi Rabitha

please write to my mail id

[email protected]
i can instantly reply - else this goes in to a spam !!

regards
Charles

hi. My ney is Rose i find job of bar or to house kiping with my husbund olso he is drevar we need job together here oman

Same prob here.
I'm finding it difficult to get one here. When will the ban be lifted? Is it the same for professionals too?

As per the current law, the BAN is envisaged to all the female expats, searching for the job. No news (Or even rumors) of lifting the same in the near future atleast.

However, I have personally seen a few examples of females expats, being hired as Lecturers (in university/ colleges) as a special case and yes, the ministry had approved their labor clearance. Nevertheless, you all can have your fingers crossed and if professional, you might be another special case to the ministry of manpower.

Best o'luck !!!!  :one

Dear ,
Is there any chance for lifting the ban for female Job Visa in Oman. I am a Civil Engineer . Currently in Oman in Family Visa.

I have never had of this ban.been here for 9months on.working visa and I know of pple who moved here a month ago. Dont give up before you try

Sorry its not BAN , i mean to say currently Oman Govt not issuing any job visa for female expat. Regarding this will there be any chance of changing this rule in the coming days ?

I get your point now.Am really clueless about oman labour laws but what I have noticed is that there's no women empowerment here everything is all about men men men

hmm so sad situation for girls. They r denied there right to work & help there family.