Is it worth moving to kuwait 1000KD Salary+500 KD Acomodation expnses

Hi Expats
My husband has got an offer from one of the oil companies in Kuwait at a salary of 1000KD plus 550KD accomodation expenses. Both of us are working in India and have a fairly decent standard of living here. Will we be able to save anything in this salary in Kuwait. Is shifting to Kuwait a viable option.?
Also im into retail industry in India will i be able to find relevant job there.?
Plz suggest.

It is not a bad offer but salary is based on experience, technology and current package. Please let me know your experience technology and current salary (both) and qualification, so I can advise you how much you should get. Will accommodation expenses based on receipt (rent) or invoice? As your husband is in oil sector you can stay at   Mangaf area, you will get decent house on KD 300-350 in that area, if your accommodation expenses is based on rent invoice or receipt then you will lose KD 200-250 as your accommodation allowance is KD 550.
Your expenses will be
Rent                                     KD 300-350(1bhk)
Food+grocery+outside food(once a week) KD 150
Car                                       KD 80-100 (EMI) (Toyota Corolla), SUV 150-180
Other expenses                    KD 50
Your total expenses will be 550-600, you can save remaining amount.

Hi
Thank u for your reply, so my husband has around 7 years of experience in oil and he is earning almost the same amount here in india
Also  i am into retail and ecommerce sector here. How can i get a job there which are big e commerce and retail companies there.?

Also would be of great help if any oil proffesionals here( drilling engineers to be precise) can suggest that above mentioned salary is justified for a drilling engineer with close to 7 years of experience.

If your husband is earning same amount of salary in India then why your husband wants come here, there is no meaning to come to  Kuwait on  same salary what you are getting in India, it is worthless. Here job market is not so big like India even  you will find a job  here in retail sector. If your husband is earning KD 1500 in India, he should get   KD 2500-3000 here and with additional benifit.

So we are thinking of shifting to Kuwait because the profile offered here is much better than that he currently holds in India.
Any good retail companies or e commerce companies there.?

I am sorry to say that you should not come here on same salary only because of the job profile. Still you have time to negotiate your salary with employer. I am  sure they will revise your offer because no company recruits any people on same salary whatever he/she is getting presently but you have to smart and clever. HR people are very clever they try to recruit people always on less salary.

Hi piya27!

I do agree with man1234 that you should try to negotiate regarding the salary. Only because a higher profile is offered you should not accept the offer. After all the inflation here in Kuwait is tenfold compared to India. But if you guys want to have a different cultural experience then it is your individual choice. You will also get a good job in the Retail Sector here to keep yourself busy and productive. You did not mention whether you have any kids and whether they are going to School. Schooling here is also very expensive compared to India. KD 500 Accommodation budget can get you a very good Fully Furnished 2 BHK Seaview Apartment in most places in Kuwait.

All in all, we can fairly assume that you guys will be able to save around KD 500 plus whatever salary you will earn when you start working. That is almost 1K Indian Rs and counting. Now you can decide whether that is a good enough saving for you than what you are currently saving.

(moderated: no free ads)

I'm not sure why would people leave their country of origin of there's no clear and obvious material benefit?

If you're making the same kind of money in your home country then it's just not worth the move. Please be aware that life here is not always pink. It gets dusty, humid, and super hot. Combined, we're talking about 7 months each year.

As per the salary, 1000 can be alright if you don't have children. I doubt you'll save as much as in India if you make the same money. 

As per your e-commerce passion, of course there are plenty of companies operating here; however, they don't offer high pay to their employees. Only the bosses make the big bucks.

Having said that, no one can make a decision in your place. All we can do is provide you with data.
You know what's best for you.

I hope I helped.