Any English teachers in Kurdistan?

Hi I'd like to communicate with ESL teachers in Kurdistan ...seeking info on opportunities,conditions,salaries etc Thanks

hello, if you are intending to teach in kurdistan, you can search the websites of universities found in the region, see the list please
University of Kurdistan – Hawler in Arbil
Hewler Medical University in Arbil
Ishk University in Arbil
Jihan University in Arbil
Salahaddin University in Arbil
The British Royal University in Arbil
University of Dohuk in Dohuk
University of Sulaimani in Sulaimani
University of Technology in Sulaimani
University of Koya in Arbil
University of Human Development in Sulaimani
Dijla University College in Arbil
Nawroz University in Dohuk

There are many here. I work in a school in Duhok. We also have a university-SABIS in Erbil. You can check sabiscareers for more information.

did you try to apply for a job online ?
there are many websites could help...
ESL teacher, its easy for you to get a job here...
Good luck

Hello,
My name is Dina and I am looking for information about teaching in Kurdistan. Either private or in a school. I am currently attending a University for education. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
[email protected]

We need an English speaking teacher in Kurdistan.

Where in Kurdistan? I am currently working for Sabis in Zakho.

(Moderated: please post this ad in the jobs section)

I would love to be in Zakho! It sounds great to me.

I live in Duhok and teach in Zakho, which is what I like. There is much more to do in Duhok.

So, you have a job at this time. That's great. I am trying to find teaching jobs in Kurdistan/Northern Iraq. Do you fine the cost of living similar to the USA? What is your commute between Zakho and Duhok?

I am an American trained teacher, and I am particularly interested in relocating to Kurdistan very soon. I have taught grades Kindergarten to high school, and I believe I am best suited for upper elementary/middle school. I enjoy being able to teach all content areas: English, science, math and social studies.

Thank you! The list of universities is very helpful, indeed.

You can look into Sabis, that is the company I work for. They are always in need of English speakers. The cost of living is a lot better here. You can live off of very little and be able to save money. The commute to and from Zakho is about 45 minutes to 1 hour one way. There are other schools in Kurdistan also,  as in the British School and many others. Learning English is a big deal here, because English is the language of the World.

The average salary per month for an expat is about $2000. And most schools will pay for your living accommodations, as long as you do not mind having a roommate.

Please send your CV to using the British International Schools in Kurdistan website bis-kurdistan.co.uk

How does the money get paid to you ? Does it go into a bank account or cash or cheque ?! Also how easy is it to do international transfers out there?!

I got paid in cash once a month. I have heard that if you have a bank account, transfers are not that bad. I am not sure if there is much of a delay or not. They do have Western Union.

Bank to bank transfers are not a simple matter. It depends on which country you are from and can be very expensive. As an American I have to resort to sending the cash back via western union. It's not a bad way to go as long as you have someone on the other end that can receive the cash. One of my Canadian colleagues does do bank transfers, but my UK colleague doesn't. We've checked a few different banks and either they reject transfers completely (except in cases where you have an invoice for purchased goods) or they charge a $30-$40 transaction fee in addition to a flat percentage fee.

Everyone here pays cash btw. It's a cash economy.

Hi
Have you looked at the international teaching sites. I work at IDBEC an international school check it out on the website I think we have most hires for next year but if you have the qualifications that match and contact the head of school with your details there could be a chance someone doesnt turn up in August

You forgot my school
Ihsan Dogramaci Bilkent Erbil College
We are from KG1 to Grade 6 next year when we introduce MYP

I sent IDBEC an email. I hope that they are looking for more teachers for next year. I am very much wanting to return to Kurdistan.

American University Dohuk is looking for people for summer and fall.

They are brand new and still in a rather chaotic state. You would be responsible for finding your own accommodation. But apart from that, it wouldn't be a bad gig.

I sent an email to the American School asking if they were hiring, but I have not heard from them yet.

hi everybody..ı want ask zomething abaut Kurdıstan..ıf ı have good Engılısh sertifica..can I teach Engılısh at Kurdıstan school  thnx for reply me.

Assuming you're not just trolling us...no, you have to be able to spell English before you can teach it.

Hello. I am an English language teacher from Iraq. Actuall, I am fluent in English since I worked formerly with the US army in Iraq for seven years. I am interested in teaching. Anyone wants me can drop me a message. Thanks.

Hi, I want to teach in elementary or even kindergarten and nursery. I need help if where I can apply. I have a teaching experience in Philippines as a kindergarten teacher for 2 years but now I'm presently working in UAE as a family tutor.

Yeah, Steve...I'm from Tucson, also...been here for the better part of 4 years....better, because I actually like it better here than in the U.S.  I've been in all areas of teaching here, but am now opening my own learning center, and am extremely excited about it.  I think you'd really enjoy the community here, if you've decided that this is your destination.

Hey, James.......ESL is what I do here.  Not as many schools as in some parts of the world, but everyone wants to learn English.  I've taught here for four years, on and off.  My difference is that I am also classroom certified in a number of subjects, which are taught in English-speaking schools.  I'm putting together my own learning center because of the demand that I perceive.  The government expects certifications, so you should have TEFL (or similar)  120 +  hours.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for opportunities to teach in Kurdistan. For the past two years I have taught English for Sabis International Schools in Kurdistan. One year in Soran and one in Zakho. I would really like to return. Kurdistan is like my second home.

I am currently in America.

hhhh

Check the Sabis job listings.  They're advertising for teachers in Kurdistan as of now.

I worked for Sabis. I'm not sure about going back to work with them.

I know them well!  But it's an in if you want to get back.  Then you can look around..

hi
I am nashir.Bangladeshi.please inform to me dahuk and ebril present situation.next month i am coming in this area with power plant job,

Erbil is nice and quiet, very normal, but also nice and hot right now.  I think that Duhok is more of the same.

Saw you are looking for English speaking teacher.

Do you still want one. I am indian english teacher teaching and living in jordan. Amman.

Single female

I am teaching in jordan. Amman.

I have a degree in English literature.
Looking for teaching  K G and Primary grades.

Contact only if the pacakage includes accommodation with tax free salary.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

I don't know who is looking for English teachers in Kurdistan now. You can try with Sabis.