Experience with Okusi Associates?

Hello,

Has anyone had experience dealing with Okusi Associates in Bali for foreign business consultancy?

Thx

Yes we have. Dont deal with them.

Why is that ?

We've never used them, but from others who have...primarily to set up a PMA business, we've only heard good things about them.  Setting up a PMA isn't a cheap process by any means, but from what we've been told, their fees were reasonable and their work highly professional. 

"lafoto" if you had a bad experience with them, it is only useful to comment about that if you are more specific and honest with your criticism.   ;)

Hay all!

Do u have more information about them? Or did you take them services? Im looking for the same, KITAS and like that!

Thanks all!

I don't know Okusi but there are a number of companies in Indonesia specialized setting up companies and arranging the right permits.

You may tell a little more, what exactly you are looking for.

Hey happyhour!

Tanks for your answer! I would like make my own business, restaurant with swimingpool, fitness room, salon and some bungalows maybe. I have the way to make a CV company with local partners but it not will be my own business. I would like make a PMA, i dont know if i can do it with some of this companies like Okusi or maybe do u work with some of this companies or you know some one that works good?

And other question is if can i get the kitas and escencials visats and licences for living and work here?

Here the link:

[link moderated]

Thanks for help!!

Hi Albert,

Before contacting Okusi or any other such consultant company you better check out this forum first (or Google) to learn more about the complications one will have in order to obtain a limited stay permit (KITAS) with the work permit (IMTA) attached.

A CV company will not be an option for you because a CV company can not sponsor a foreign worker meaning you will not get a KITAS/IMTA. Only a local PT or PMA can do so if all requirements are met.

To open a PMA you will need to have huge capital to invest, if I am not wrong it's over USD 1.000.000, then you will not have a problem getting a work/stay permit granted as long you are one of the director/shareholder of the company.

A local PT can be an option also but here it very much depends about your job description/title you will have. If the local company wants you to be a director and it is stated in the company's AKTA there should be no problem also but if you are holding a title on advisory level (marketing advisor/technical advisor etc) you will only get a work and stay permit for 6 months only if at all.

Really thanks happyour!

I know i can not be partner for CV company, sorry for the question because maybe is going to be the same one again but if i make a spanish restaurant the CV company can not contract me to especific work as spanish cheff for example?

Thank you!

Albertgerones wrote:

Really thanks happyour!

I know i can not be partner for CV company, sorry for the question because maybe is going to be the same one again but if i make a spanish restaurant the CV company can not contract me to especific work as spanish cheff for example?

Thank you!

Don't worry, that's the forum all about that people asking questions and gather useful informations.

No....can not.

CV companies can not get work permit for foreign workers.

Tanks happyhour!

Maybe do you know some way to make your own business without one million dollars? There is lot of little business from expatriats like restaurants so i think have to be other way...

I feel very lost right now, i already have a deal with the owner of the land that i want rent for 50 years and two local people to make the CV company and already asked for licence without problems but i need be more shure and confortable to continue with all of this. Hope you understand me.

Really thanks for ur help happyhour!

From the legal point of view there is not another option.

It's know that there are foreigners running (small) businesses here, some do it illegal others may be married to a local thus holding a spouse sponsored stay permit. Still they do not have a work permit but can support spouse small business if doing so on low profile.

It's a little surprising that you have a deal with a land owner to rent something for 50 years not knowing much about your options here.

As said, your local partners (if serious) should know about the regulations that a CV company can not sponsor a foreign worker so actually no point to establish the same.

Are you staying in Indonesia already or not yet ?
How long you know your local partners ?

Yes im already in indonesia, is a verbal deal with the owner, not done yet. If i can get all licences and all visas later im going to make the contract to rent the land.

The partners are the family of my brother girlfriend, i know them and i can trust with them.

I've seen that CV company can contract only two expatriots, do u know about that or are you shure that they cant?

Do you know "hak pakai"? is to buy a land with your name without PMA i heared.

CV's are not able to sponsor foreign workers even you hear otherwise.

As earlier explained, legally you have 2 options:

1) You local partners register as a PT, then they could apply for IMTA and KITAS for you subject you can provide enough qualifications in your job, have degree/min 5 years work experience in the field respectively have special skills what locals don't have.
2) Register a PMA and sponsor yourself but again you will need to have proof of start up capital of approx USD 1 million.

Foreigners can not buy/own land, Hak Pakai is the usage right.

However, you should better make sure first about the legal procedures before "signing" something. If your idea is to legally work here there is no other option.

"CV's are not able to sponsor foreign workers even you hear otherwise."

That is absolutely 100% totally correct!  We just went through setting up a new business for a Swiss friend and Manpower confirmed this for us in writing.  NO work permits can be sponsored by a CV company.  At one time some years ago, yes, but not now.  Only PT/PMA companies can sponsor work permits and KITAS visas.

Good posts Tom!  Two thumbs up!   :top:

Thanks happyhour and Ubudian so much!!

Now im going to Jakarta where i have a meeting with my embassi and tomorrow other meeting with Okusi Associates, i hope step by step find the way to make my own business here without one million dollars.

Tanks for your help!

The embassy will not be helpful, meet with Okusi perhaps also 1 or 2 other consultancies so you can compare service and prices.

However, would be good if you share afterwards with us their point of view.

Good luck

Tom, one more thing I just learned from my contact about PT/PMA set ups and work permits/KITAS visas.

From now on the duration of these documents (6 months, 12 months) is going to be tied to the level of foreign investment made in the company.  I don't have specifics but the example I was given was that with a minimal investment, like 1 billion (IDR) for a PT…those documents will only be issued for 6 month periods…meaning of course that the annual costs for those documents have just doubled for smaller companies. 

“So, is this going to be like the required Bahasa Indonesia requirement” I asked?  No, was the response. 

BTW…I totally agree with your comments about the “usefulness” of a meeting with one's embassy. 

Cheers Amigo, and may you live in interesting times!   :lol:

Hi Roy, thanks your "flowers"......lol  :thanks:

Similar I heard also and as explained for new work permits it very much depends about your job title/status in the company, as a director or shareholder there should not be a problem to get the work permit for 12 months for any other position one may only get 6 months only, Depnaker will look into it and then decide case by case whether or not the position needs to be occupied by a foreigner and if so, for how long. I believe it also depends on the business line of the company.

There are certain rules for companies in respect of paid up capital as you said correctly also it matters about the number of local workers. If I am not wrong, the ratio is 1/3 (1 foreigner / 3 locals) and Rp 400.000.000/foreigner capital. But again, not 100% sure if it is still valid.

Hey guys!!

Okusi Associates said that they can help me with everything to create a PMA, about the min. paid up capital with 300.000 usd is enough they said.

I need a local shareholder to set up the company and he will have 51% shares and i will have the 49% after this we can make a subcontract to get 100% shares, so the indonesian shareholder is only need for the name.

I need at least one chairman and one director, the two can be expatriots.

the fee to create a PMA is 3,200 usd and for KITAS and work permit is 2,000 usd including the 100 usd that you have to pay each month.

The PMA and the KITAS can be ready in 9 weeks.

what do you thing about this?

Thanks to comment!

Most of what you wrote sounds normal enough, except this …“ after this we can make a subcontract to get 100% shares, so the indonesian shareholder is only need for the name.”

There are only one or two types of foreign investment companies which allow for 100% foreign ownership.  Off hand I forget what those types of companies are, but suffice it to say that the vast majority of PT/PMA companies require at least 5% Indonesian ownership.

The second point is this…“ The PMA and the KITAS can be ready in 9 weeks.”  The PMA documents…that is a reasonable time frame, but for the KITAS and IMTA (work permit)…no way that will be done in just 9 weeks…not these days.

Hi
This is regarding 300,000 minimum paid up capital for PT PMA company (mentioned by Mr. Albertgerones 08 April 2015 23:20:36)

Has anyone managed to get a company registered and get going in to business with these figures...
I have googled and most of the Indonesian websites clearly mentions USD 1.000.000 is the minimum investment required.

Now the question is whether 300,000 US dollars are minimum paid up and rest of 700,000 is to be invested as in time a business acquires certain local services and expenses as it starts to get in to its active business mode.

I want to start a film production house/business in Indonesia/Jakarta.
It seems there is no one in this whole world who has entered in to this business segment in Indonesia with a foreign capital
In-fact there is no mention of possibility foreign investment in entertainment industry and own it 100%
As there are different rules for different industry, I don't know which category does this comes in.
I have read about setting up nominee to play with lesser investment, but there is a word of caution that the nominee can kick ur ass and take over the business, there is more information on indosight. com

All I am looking for someone who has done this PT PMA business setup and was it successful and can he/she be kind enough to share some knowledge here.

This thread is over a year old.

I would suggest its finished and forgotten

You should check with BPKM about it. Negative/positive investment list....but actually it's true that one will need to invest USD 1.000.000

viewedit wrote:

I want to start a film production house/business in Indonesia/Jakarta.
It seems there is no one in this whole world who has entered in to this business segment in Indonesia with a foreign capital
In-fact there is no mention of possibility foreign investment in entertainment industry and own it 100

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-indon … SKCN0YF0QT

As was announced in February, the restaurant business, film industry, cold storage, waste management and pharmaceutical raw materials sectors were among those opened up completely to foreign ownership.

I meant BKPM....investment coordinating board of republic Indonesia ;-)