I have been in Australia for many years now

Hi. I am Imran and I an Australian Citizen. I have been living in Australia Melbourne for many years now. If I can do to assist or help anyone, please don't hesitate to message me. Australia is a great place and for any new comers, there shouldn't be any problem as we Australians are helpful and friendly.

Hi.I am Mxolisi and I am planning to move to Australia Melbourne before the end of this year,i need your help because it will be my first time there.
From Swaziland

Hi. Good to hear that you have chosen the best country in the world, let me know what help do you need and i will see what I can do for you.

Kind Regards
Imran

Hi imrankalam,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for offering your help here.
Maybe you can share your experience as an expatriate in Melbourne with us. It would be really great ! :)

---------------------

@ MXKHOZA > Like imrankalam told you, please be more explicit and do not hesitate to ask questions, so that we can reply you in a more constructive way.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Dear sir, I want to migrate to australia if u can help me I shall be glad . Am phillips from nigeria thanks sir

Hi Imrankalam,

Thank you very much for offering your help. I would be very pleased to hear about:

- When and how you arrived in Australia (which visa etc...)
- what you do in Australia for a living

Thank you for your help. It will allow me to know more about you and yoru aussie life ;) as I wish to move to Australia with my girlfriend...

All the best,

Nick

To the expats, everything is still new and strange. Any help will be great. Thanks a lot Imrankalam for offering help :)

Hi, would you mind to let  me know if how
I can find a work there im currently residing here in Manila  but I want to experience and stay there . I wish you can help me please.

Thanks and God Bless You,
Ter

gemster wrote:

Hi, would you mind to let  me know if how
I can find a work there im currently residing here in Manila  but I want to experience and stay there . I wish you can help me please.

Thanks and God Bless You,
Ter

First you will need a visa. For visas www.immi.gov.au

AslamOalakum Bro,
                                 Im in South Korea right now n plaining to move to Melbourne in june as my cooking school going to start in July. Would you please let me know where i can find a room for living cheap one please.

Thank You
Regards

Hi Imrankalam,

Thank you very much for offering your help. I would be very pleased to hear about.I am a Cameroonian and  want to move in Australian maybe in aupair,i want to find a familly,please can you help me.
Thank.

Hi Imran, thank you for your kind offering help for the new comers. I'm nadeya from Malaysia.
I have been contemplating in moving to Melbourne about a year, now I managed to obtained temporary work visa.
The scariest thing now is to get out from my comfort zone and start all over. I have 2 years experience in Data Centre IT Support. Hope you can advise how to begin.

Thank you.

I just need to know as i have already applied for immigration to Australia that is it very difficult to find a good job for new immigrants? moreover i want to know about monthly expenses details for 2 persons including rent and utility.

Dear Mr Imran,

Salam Alaikum,

I recently joined this form.

My name is Jamal Akhtar, a telecom engineer with 12 years of experience on various technologies (IPCC,VoIP,HFC,VAS).

First I would like to request to please provide me your Skype ID so that I can get in touch with you in order to get as much information as possible.

My ID is Jamal.akhtar80.

I am near to receive a class 189 visa grant approx. a month or two from now and wanted to gather as mucg information as possible.

First I have few challenges, I need to know what are the alternatives if there are any, I have visual acquity  and cornea of left eye does not function as a result the vison from left eye is too blur. Cornea of right eye is also decompensated and I use medications to keep it clean and that's how I manage my life here in Pakistan.

I am expecting an immediate challenge to get a driver's liscence there in Australia. Have you any information if the authorities do provide liscences to persons with challenges.

I tried searching the internet but could not find a precise or clear answer.

Then about the job market, how difficult it is to get a job there I plan to mov e to Melbourne as well. I have heard from sources it takes a year approximately to get a job.

Then what is the average annual package for a telecom engineer.

I am an M.Sc(Applied Physics with specialization in Electronics-2003,Department of applied physics,University of Karachi) an then I have Oracle certifications (OCP,OCSA). What are my chances to get a job.

I am single are there any payment support funds for single migrants.Can you please name a few.

About accommodation when I enter Australia where do I stay, rents run high as I surveyed the internet, for new migrants that's too much (350-400AUD/week).
Sincerely

Jamal

Hi,
As I am moving to Melbourne with  husbnd and a  9 and a 6 year old ,I really need a family friendly area with good CBT links?? We aim to be there Nov 2016.

M.

Good day, dear Imran! Maybe you could help me.

I was looking for a job as a Spanish teacher in Australia, but I was always required to pay huge amounts of money and they seemed not to be hiring me before I could get a visa myself.

I wonder if there's any school or academy looking for native Spanish teachers to bring them to Australia. Thank you so much.

lallym2 wrote:

Hi,
As I am moving to Melbourne with  husbnd and a  9 and a 6 year old ,I really need a family friendly area with good CBT links?? We aim to be there Nov 2016.

M.

Hi M.

It seems like we have something in common, we also have two children (nine and seven). We have moved from Europe to Melbourne five months ago. We find the Australians extremely friendly and helpfull. Our children quickly felt at home here, even though they barely spoke or understood English. If you would like to read about our experience feel free to visit our blog/website, see link on the left hand side.

We have also made up a lost of questions that we had when moving here that we are answering in our Blog. One of the most important ones how we found a family friendly area to live in,  You can find these questions under the tips-tab in the top navigation.

Good luck in your preparations!
Willemijn

Just to point out that @imrankalam has not been active on the forum since posting this 8 months ago, so it appears that there won't be any replies from him.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

I see many questions have gone unanswered here.  If people need answers I suggest starting a new tread for yourself.

I will answer this though:

jamal.Akhtar26 wrote:

I am single are there any payment support funds for single migrants.Can you please name a few.

There is no government support for new arrivals such as yourself.
No help for at least the first 2 years.   
Migrants are expected to be able to support themselves, and contribute to Australias economy by payment of taxes as soon as possible.  That is the reason that Immigration try to get only the best qualified immigrants.

jamal.Akhtar26 wrote:

About accommodation when I enter Australia where do I stay, rents run high as I surveyed the internet, for new migrants that's too much (350-400AUD/week).

You need to arrange something yourself in advance.

Most new migrants end up paying nearer $700-$800 per week for short term furnished accommodation, while buying furniture and trying to get unfurnished accommodation on long term leases.

Finding the right accommodation, in the right area, at the right price, is not easy even for Australians, as many people are looking and the landlords can pick and choose the best tenant. 
I offered 6 months rent up front + bond, to get a place for my daughter. That swung the decision in my favour. Unfurnished house 1 hour south of Brisbane for $450 pw.  We were rejected for many others at about that price, as others made higher or better offers.

$350-$400 per week is considered low by many people. 
However it is possible to get a small 1 bed furnished apartment (unit/ flat) for about $330 pw on a 3 month term.  Some places will need full rent upfront (13 weeks) for some applicants if not working.