Anybody to tell me about security and safety in basra, iraq?

Hi! Im teen from philippines. I just got accepted for a job, and it'll be in basra iraq. The opportunity and offer is really good but im afraid for my safety. Anyone here can tell me about the security and safety in basra, iraq? Thank you.

Hello babyteen21 and welcome to Expat.com

While waiting for members to help you out, I invite you to browse through threads in our Everyday life in Iraq section of the forum so as to get to know a bit about safety out there.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi. GCC IRAQ ang name ng company nila. .tapos sa basra yung base nila, don din daw ako iaasign if ever tatanggapin ko. .they have good salary offer, but of course iuuna ko ang safety ko. .

babyteen21 wrote:

Hi. GCC IRAQ ang name ng company nila. .tapos sa basra yung base nila, don din daw ako iaasign if ever tatanggapin ko. .they have good salary offer, but of course iuuna ko ang safety ko. .

ENGLISH PLEASE as this is an English speaking forum.
Thank you.

Sorry! I mean, the company's name is GCC. .and they will be assigning me to basra, iraq. .they offer good salary, but if course id like to check for my safety and security. .we all know whats in iraq. .

babyteen21 wrote:

Sorry! I mean, the company's name is GCC. .and they will be assigning me to basra, iraq. .they offer good salary, but if course id like to check for my safety and security. .we all know whats in iraq. .

Best you contact you Embassy for up to date information.Also ask GCC for security information and how they intend to guarantee  your safety. They are responsible for your safety.