Postpaid Viva phone, confused

Ok excuse my ignorance but I'm really confused.
I'm on a viva postpaid plan for my phone. So it's 10BD/ month
The person said I get no bill just go to the self service machines and put the money in. 
What happens if I use up my 10BD worth before the month is up? How do I know?
To me post paid is I use my phone and get billed for however many calls I've used in the month so this is confusing me ... :/

That was a good question. Im also interested on how much a post paid cell phone service would cost. Here in the US I have unlimited text, unlimited roaming (not sure how many minutes but are reasonable minutes), and most important for me is unlimited wifi connection. All of these service cost $60 per month with AT&T. Which is about 22BD. Does phone service providers in Bahrain have similar post paid services compared to AT&T? Thank you....

raffinan wrote:

That was a good question. Im also interested on how much a post paid cell phone service would cost. Here in the US I have unlimited text, unlimited roaming (not sure how many minutes but are reasonable minutes), and most important for me is unlimited wifi connection. All of these service cost $60 per month with AT&T. Which is about 22BD. Does phone service providers in Bahrain have similar post paid services compared to AT&T? Thank you....

there are similar plans ( not exact ) are available here..

fchaudari76 wrote:

Ok excuse my ignorance but I'm really confused.
I'm on a viva postpaid plan for my phone. So it's 10BD/ month
The person said I get no bill just go to the self service machines and put the money in. 
What happens if I use up my 10BD worth before the month is up? How do I know?
To me post paid is I use my phone and get billed for however many calls I've used in the month so this is confusing me ... :/

sorry bro..i dont have much idea baout postpaid connection  :(

Just to clarify I'm not a "bro" I'm a woman!

fchaudari76 wrote:

Just to clarify I'm not a "bro" I'm a woman!

sorry 🙏

lol, just clarifying!

Thanks Sonu! Do you have few filipina friends in Bahrain?  :)

raffinan wrote:

Thanks Sonu! Do you have few filipina friends in Bahrain?  :)

sorry..i dont have any filipina friends.. but as I said in one your post...it's easy to meet Filipina over here... actually they are everywhere. ..so don't worry...you will get lots of friends.. there are lots of filipino Facebook groups too.

I think we should leave this topic here or continue in some of your post... because topic of this thread is different....its not good to discuss different topic in someone else thread..

Sorry fchaidari76

yeah you are right sonu... thanks!

I did a Zain pre-pay for a while.  Not recommended. 

You know you're low when your phone tells you you're out or you can use their app to keep track .  I made it a point to drop a few beeds into the machine on a regular basis, like during my usual weekly shopping trip to always have enough in the account.

I recently switched to a post-pay Batelco.  About a 9 BD hookup and Sim, then about 7 a month and have everything I want.  I use my home wifi so no data charges there.  When out and about I can get and send texts, WhatsApp etc and use Google Maps blah blah.  I think my plan is about 10 GB a month, but with Wifi I rarely go over 1.5 or 2.

Good luck.

More concerned about the call charges.
I have the viva app but was confused at if I use BD10 worth of calls in a week then I have to top up? That's same as prepaid then just with better rates isn't it??

I don't know why they call it post-pay since it sounds the exact same as pre-pay the way you describe it.  Sounds like they are charging you 10BD and then you top up the amount you want after that?

Could just be a way to get post-pay service without a CPR coming into play?

No it's post paid. I had to give them my CPR even had to change my number !!!
It's a post paid plan yet no bill. Think you just get 10bd and the free mins, data, SMS etc as use his you like.
Just made no sense if you use the 10bd in a week but anyway!

Hi

I guess you are talking about the 10BD per month VIVA plan which was introduced recently and also its promotional plan so it won't be there for a long time.  Its good to grab the same however few facts as below for the plan.

On net calls and sms are free
400 Minutes are free for any other network calling (Batelco, Zain etc.)
unlimited data for mobile internet, however the threshold is 7GB.  In other words when you utilize 7GB fully during a month then your speed will be lowered down to 256kbps but no additional charges will be levied for the usage of internet after exceeding the threshold.
unlimited 4G service free.  This simply means that your service will be 4G irrespective of your exceeding threshold or not.

VIVA has cut down on the paper bills however they have online bill system.  You have to register your number on their portal viva.bh and then you will find your bills there generated automatically in pdf format as per your billing cycle.

Hope this information is useful for you and have answered your question correctly.   :top:

Kedarsk is right. Viva is doing away with paper billing. You have to register online and you can view your billing there.

If you have signed up for the BD10 per month package, that's all you pay. Calls and SMS text messages will be per your package limits. You will get charged over this limit, but the chances of crossing the limit are low. AS for internet, once you use upto the threshold, they just reduce the speed - they will not charge you more.

You can register at: www.viva.com.bh

I have a viva number and have never received a paper bill. But I get all the information I need online.

Best wishes.

greetings!

just needed some info regarding payment of viva postpaid plan.

Is anyone knows any other way to settle the bill if i am outside Bahrain? I tried to pay through Philippines debit card and they're not accepting.

Thanks in advance.

Lhulu

Generally it could be a done through a credit card, debit card i guess should be a local (bahrain) or you can ask a friend to pay it for you.

T&R

Credit card should be local too (bahrain). Or i can use any credit card for as long as it is visa/mastercard?

Thanks in advance

I have paid for viva using non local cards as well.  Credit cards don't suffer the same constraints as debit cards in most places.  Unless your local issuing bank has some restrictions on online transactions.

Hi xtang,

Yep! You are correct. Credit card works, i just have to contact he bank for card fraud prevention, and that's it. Thank you guys for the help! Really appreciated.

Lulu