New members of the Portugal forum, introduce yourself here

For you guys, it would be OK Jonpaul, because there are many Brits here, so you won't be alone for sure. Also, the Portuguese make Brits much more welcom than they make people from the USA. I'm a lonely planet here. Good luck! As I leave, you will probably be moving here.

Good luck with yr next adventure

Hey everybody,
I just moved here from Germany in the beginning of the month and am going to start an internship in march. I'm a student of Graphic Design and I actually moved in with my Portuguese boyfriend, so I'm not completely "alone" in the city, but would of course like to get to know some people- especially girls/women- of my own.

I love to go to see exhibitions and visit museums. Also, I've been doing yoga for the past 3 years and just intesified my spiritual practice and started meditating.
In general, I would say, I move around mostly in an alternative scene, going to concerts in cultural spaces a lot and avoiding mainstream discos.
I always appreciate nice cafés and restaurants, although cooking at home can be just as delicious...
Just hanging out in nice places and taking walks or trips outside the city are great activities, too.

Oh also, I speak German, English, and also French since I've lived in France for a year.
I would love to learn Portuguese, starting classes in march and hoping to proceed soon!

If any of that sounds interesting to you, just write a message and we can meet up sometime.

I accidentally posted double, but somehow can't find a delete-button. so deal with it ;)

Hello MartinaMartial,

Already dealt with, ;)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

hello friend..
if im go to portugal with invite letter in portuguese family (example work with family as aupair, housekeeper, etc) with tourist visa, may i when in portugal change to be work visa, without back to indonesia? need information about this, so many thanks :)

Hi I am Omkar Bhattachan.I am a Nepali nationality.  I just moved here from London. In london I used to work as sushi head chef in Atari-ya restaurant for 5 years before that I used to work in Japan as a sushi chef .So I am an experienced sushi chef . I am very hard working and enthusiastic person. I need a full time job and seeking for it .So please be free to call me

Hi,

My friend, Its nice to hear about your travel experience and i love to meet with International Traveler. However, i have been to Asia, Africa ( west, east and Central ), and in Europe too. I hope we could have a Cafe together? What do you isnt a good idea?

We can discover some sort of new experience and meet up with new people too.
waiting for your reply
Gourav

Its nice to hear about your visit in Portugal, If you are in Lisbon, There are many places to visit, Starts from Rosio Street, specially in Weekend and thereafter many places to visit e.g castelo de sao george where you can have sight seen of Sea side with home from top mountain of Castelo. There are some garden and church too.

you may visit Bazilica church, and many more places for shopping

Thank you

Hi Rachel,

Help me in Portuguese language please :)

I am keen to learn new languages :

as you i also love to travel :)

Thanks a lot .....for shareing your experience.

Hellow Friends....

HI

I have recently come to live permanently near Sao Martinho do Porto.

Originally from Australia, I have lived and worked in various countries.

I came to Portugal (Cascais) 8 years ago for a holiday and was so taken with it that I kept coming back for short trips.  Eventually I decided to live somewhere on the Silver Coast and so here I am.

Does anybody know about the free Portuguese lessons?

Thanks
Margaret

HI, sao martinho is beautifull beach.. i wish i can go to there again.. :)

u r so lucky au margareth :)

Yes Marguret,

I have recently joines the free classes for Portuguese language and its quitr near to Martim Moniz area called Moraria,

For more information
You may ask me.
Thank you
Gourav

Hello Gourav & Margaret,

This thread is for new members to introduce themselves, for Portuguese lessons it's better you check in the CLASSIFIEDS section, Language classes in Portugal ;)

Thank you,

Marjorie

Hi,
i am michelle and i moved here in Porto 4 months ago with my husband and daughter. i am originally from Cameroon but because of my husband's job we have to move around a lot and this is my 5th country. i speak french and english and a lil Spanish too. Due to my movement i could not keep a stable job so i am ready to start a business online so even if i have to move again, its not going to be too much trouble.
I am actually looking for ideas and by that my objectives are to find out what people want and can't have easily here in Portugal and make a business out of it because i realise there a so many online companies that dont deliver products here (amazon etc). Anyways i will really love to have some great advice to be able to finally start something for myself.

thanks..

Hi all. My husband and I are frankly tired. We feel like life is passing us by as we work ourselves to death. We are both close to sixty and live in Seattle Washington. I have vision issues, so need to relocate to a place where public transit, walking and riding a bike are reasonable modes of transportation.

We're visiting Portugal 23 April - 1 May. I'm going to read all the blog posts, and greatly appreciate any feedback anyone might offer.

FYI, I'm kind of terrified of moving to a country where I don't speak the language, although given a few months, both my husband and I think we could adjust. Thanks all!

Laine

Pedro, my husband and I are visiting Lisbon 28 April - 1 May, and Porto 24 April - 28 April. We are interested in meeting and hearing about your experiences. We're looking to retire to Portugal.

Thanks!

Hi all!

Im going to Europe next May. I have a Portugal Citizenship, So I would like to travel to my ancesters country. I think im visiting Portugal in May or June.

On the other hand I would like to know about the medical care from my citizenship. I have an eye deccise and aI need to do hospital controls. So if you have some informations about that, will be very helpfull for me.

Thanks,

Clemente

Hi... 😊

This is Hafiz, moved in Algarve couple of days ago from Sweden. By born, I am Bangladeshi. At 2009, I leave Bangladesh to Sweden for study. I have completed Master of Science in Business Administration from University of Skövde, Sweden. I like and love Portugal and decided to live in Portugal. I am searching job here and as well as trying to learn Portuguese. I am proficient in MS Office tools and Internet and fluent in English. Bangla is my mother toung.

I love to travel, meet new peoples from different culture. I traveled India, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Italy, Germany and now in Portugal. Learning is my hobby.

I hope, I will get help from all to do something better in Portugal.

Thank you..... 😊

Hi, all members of the group this is Dil Bahadur from Nepal recently I shifted here in Portugal from Dubai looking for a job here because I like this country very much. If u guys knows anyone who have any kind of job do let me know.....thanks all..

My partner and I have bought a house in Trafaria across the river from Belem. We visit as often as we can when work allows but as we're both in our 50 s , that will become more frequent in years to come.
Recommend Trafaria to anyone as it has great links to Lisboa and the coast and much cheaper !

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462048

Thanks!

Closed