Not all are bad apples in Egypt !

Hi

I saw many people crashing this topic. I am Canadian and my roots are Middle Eastern. I would like to express my love  and appreciation to this country ( Egypt ) . I agree that there are bad people here but pros and cons are everywhere !
At least here in Egypt if you fall sick in the street or a mall , people run towards you to help you, where as in Toronto where I come from they ( run away )  except for seldom situations like,  if you get sick in a ( hospital ) sure nurses will come running.
What I am trying to say is , I found kindness here , way more than sick minded nasty people.  I see the cup half full here in Egypt and there is a mystery about how wonderful most people that come visit this place feel . I appreciate its history , arts , music , religious serenity in mosques and the fact that most foods are FRESH. Not preserved with a 100 chemicals like North America. Love Canada USA every place has its positives and negatives BUT my true love is Egypt may God Bless it forever.

Have a sweet night all

:):heart:

I agree Warda Warda,

The only thing I ever come across in Egypt is kindness. I think Egyptian people are amongst the nicest in the world.  Of course there is good and bad in every place but, in Egypt so far, I have found only good.

I also believe you receive what you give, if your nice and kind to people you get it back. I love Egypt with a passion and I always will.

Loved your post!

Yes, not all apples are bad in Egypt. Sometimes your frustration is best written down in words to express one's feelings. However, I do agree with the veggies/fruits being fresh/locally grown... Back in Canada and USA everything is indeed sprayed with chemicals and GMO's.... I think that's why i lost an abundant amount of weight. I was never fat but after a few months of being here in Egypt, I dropped a lot of weight and I believe it was water weight! Everything back home in North America is literally injected with hormones... Hence all the thick people hehe

such a positive post with positive replies :)

Yes, I totally agree with Warda. There are good and bad people in every country. As a British lady, I have lived and worked in Egypt (Cairo, Luxor. Aswan and Hurghada), and Egyptian people by nature are extremely friendly and more than generous if you find yourself as a foreigner in a difficult situation,
I have personally been helped out of a few tricky situations here, both physically and financially which would NEVER have happened back in the UK! Yet Egyptians that have helped me are nowhere near as financially stable as British people and whenever I have had a worrying situation on the street, guaranteed Egyptians will come to (and have come to) my aid.

My sentiments exactly!!! I'm a Canuck too (from Van, B.C.) with Middle Eastern roots - one & the same. Call me biased, but yeah! What you find within the hearts of regular Egyptian folk here is beyond phenomenal; to say the least :))

God blesses Egypt <3

ToTaLlY AgReE.
Ty

I agree too.
I have made some amazing friends here and just love the kindness I have been shown. It is all about respect.... treat other well and show respect and you will receive it in return plus more!

I agree totally tiger lily at the end of the day.you should treat others as you would like them to treat you.

Beautifully said 👍🏽😄

I totally agree with warda warda1 and everybody else. Indeed there is a mystery about Egypt. I keep coming back to the country again and again.
The simplicity and generosity of its citizens is amazing. Sure enough there are some out there to take advantage but then again rotten apples exist everywhere.
I love Egypt with a passion and would love to be able to live on a permanent basis,  right now I am content with living a simple, peaceful and healthy lifestyle in my adopted country. For all those who think the grass is greener the otherside, well you know what they say!! Pack your bags and move on.

thank you Warda for this good words
i hope you still remembering me
have a good day
Best regards

HI All thanks for your responses and support. It is a beautiful day wish everyone a wonderful time , and yes I do still see the cup half full here in Egypt. Every aspect almost is starting to improve here. I appreciate and its kind of cute that i teach -besides English and conversation skills - Egyptian Arabic so that non Arabic speakers deal with situations weather for work or other  :cool:

Hi warda warda1,  actually I'm grateful my  cup has anything at all. So where do you teach because I too am looking for a teaching job and want to learn Arabic.
Have a good evening.

After being in Egypt for a year and a half straight, I have decided to go back to Toronto for a VISIT... it's about that time. I have endured a lot....culture clash... not knowing what to expect... meeting different people... and there are pros and cons everywhere.... i'm scheduled to come back in a few months and honestly, i miss Egypt like hell!

I'm also Canadian with middle eastern roots. I agree with Warda fully as I have mentioned before.

I was so looking forward towards a few months break in toronto... quiet streets... calm driving... great service... and everything you need is here and close to you... as opposed to the few hours drive to get things done in cairo... however... being back for a visit... you really start to notice things you have not noticed before...

For one, I used to complain that i didn't like how people are very nosey in Egypt... and don't give you space to breathe... I still am a very private person and love to keep to myself most of the time... however, I noticed that in Toronto, the people are very cold... which you really don't notice it as much unless you've been gone for a while.... i've lived in toronto and grew up in toronto.... and i had no clue people were cold here.... so if i have to choose.... i'd say i am definitely missing the people of egypt and their over kindness... although i still appreciate my space and boundaries....

I've also noticed people here in toronto change very quickly... OR i just haven't noticed it and upon my return, you open your eyes on a lot of things.

I do however, appreciate grocery shopping in toronto a lot more than cairo lol and the different cultural foods in toronto... those are definitely two things i will not trade... and will always miss when i'm abroad...

I'm often bored here because i'm so used to the busy streets and everything being open 24/7 in cairo... Here in toronto, during the week people are in bed early and everything closes between 9 to 11 pm in terms of cafes and what not... so i miss the night owl life in egypt... At least if you're bored, there is always something to do in cairo.

I am definitely looking forward to coming back in a few months...

God Bless Egypt for it's good and bad. I'm definitely no longer interested in living in Toronto anymore. The most I can tolerate is 1 month.... funny how things change.

thank you my dear i will call you Tomorow God Willing

Hi all great replies

Tracy Grant your reply touched my heart as Loula and My dream also did.  I thank everyone who saw this positive light about Egypt . I am in a difficult situation financially and yet I feel so cozy and have such lofty ambitions because of how warm I feel in this country Egypt. And yes indeed I appreciate not eating hormone and preservative foods with over flowing health risks. 
Love you all  for your wonderful replies

Warda Warda ... My name is Shorooq by the way its an Egyptian name means Sunrise :)  Warda is my nickname and for those who are foreign it means ( Flower )  :)

Have a wonderful time

egyptemperor wrote:

thank you Warda for this good words
i hope you still remembering me
have a good day
Best regards

Of course my friend I remember you :)
God Bless

loula.e wrote:

After being in Egypt for a year and a half straight, I have decided to go back to Toronto for a VISIT... it's about that time. I have endured a lot....culture clash... not knowing what to expect... meeting different people... and there are pros and cons everywhere.... i'm scheduled to come back in a few months and honestly, i miss Egypt like hell!

I'm also Canadian with middle eastern roots. I agree with Warda fully as I have mentioned before.

I was so looking forward towards a few months break in toronto... quiet streets... calm driving... great service... and everything you need is here and close to you... as opposed to the few hours drive to get things done in cairo... however... being back for a visit... you really start to notice things you have not noticed before...

For one, I used to complain that i didn't like how people are very nosey in Egypt... and don't give you space to breathe... I still am a very private person and love to keep to myself most of the time... however, I noticed that in Toronto, the people are very cold... which you really don't notice it as much unless you've been gone for a while.... i've lived in toronto and grew up in toronto.... and i had no clue people were cold here.... so if i have to choose.... i'd say i am definitely missing the people of egypt and their over kindness... although i still appreciate my space and boundaries....

I've also noticed people here in toronto change very quickly... OR i just haven't noticed it and upon my return, you open your eyes on a lot of things.

I do however, appreciate grocery shopping in toronto a lot more than cairo lol and the different cultural foods in toronto... those are definitely two things i will not trade... and will always miss when i'm abroad...

I'm often bored here because i'm so used to the busy streets and everything being open 24/7 in cairo... Here in toronto, during the week people are in bed early and everything closes between 9 to 11 pm in terms of cafes and what not... so i miss the night owl life in egypt... At least if you're bored, there is always something to do in cairo.

I am definitely looking forward to coming back in a few months...

God Bless Egypt for it's good and bad. I'm definitely no longer interested in living in Toronto anymore. The most I can tolerate is 1 month.... funny how things change.

Love your post I feel exactly like you

Thank you Warda for your lovely reply 😊

Hi there I teach  English privately. My office is my home . And i can teach Arabic  or Egyptian Arabic I live in New Cairo

have a great night
:)

Any  time love :)

Interesting topic thanks Warda Warda

I like what you said.  ;)

Thanks a lot for your kind words , you are so nice and fair. I wish you a pleasant stay in Egypt.

@Sam_Justice

👌🏾 💋
Thanks to give there views , but I have only one sentence to say , i would like to spend my entire life to serve local community especially in villager are more and more in hospitality and given full respect and attention to the new comers
I am routing into Egyptian culture by marrying a Egyptian villager , so i have very pleasant experience with the people's here