Living in Salmiya - Rent/Commute

Hi guys,

Please what do you think would be the minimum cost for a 2/3 bed flat in Salmiya in a complex with a pool?

Also, would it make sense living in Salmiya and commuting to Al Ahmadi daily?

Many Thanks!

Honestly, I would rather recommend you to stay somewhere near the Ahmadi region, such as Mubarak Al-Kabeer province (e.g. Mahboula, Mangaf, Fintas etc). Not only it's closer, the accommodation is also cheaper, much nicer and less traffic.

Yes Salmiya is more hyped up and happening, but it would cost tons if you're taking a taxi daily (wouldn't be much if you're driving) and there would be heavy traffic every morning to work and coming back. And for a 2/3 bedroom flat in Salmiya with a pool, it would cost approximately 500kwd a month, 400kwd if you're lucky. There would be cheaper in block 10, however don't expect much as it would usually be super old buildings, super crowded and heavy heavy heavy traffic.

Londonbwoy wrote:

Also, would it make sense living in Salmiya and commuting to Al Ahmadi daily?

Not really, unless you are prepared to spend at least an hour fighting through the traffic. Completely agree with fikiwiki, I am working in Ahmadi and live in Egaila (which has its share of problems as well though).

Hi,
Just to add my two cents I agree with the advice above. Salmiya is expensive and very crowded, even by Kuwait standards. I also work in Ahmad and live in Mahboula. If you chose to live in Salmiya you will be spending much of your time in traffic. At least 1 hour each way unless you leave for work very early and stay late. It might be ideal to come and live around the Fintas, Mahboula , Mangaf area when you first arrive as it is cheaper and explore Salmiya and other areas, the commute options once you get here.