Anyone flown a dog from Quito to Cuenca?

I am curious how it went. I have 4 VERY large dogs, Newfoundlands.

I see the taxi's are to small to transport them to Cuenca. I did read somewhere about a van transport. Anyone know anything about that?
This would be a deciding factor on where to move to.
We are planning a trip to Ecuador next spring.

Thanks for any ideas.

Hello,

Moving from Quito to Cuenca by road it takes like 7, 8 hours.

In a plane takes 40 minutes.

Try to contact to the airlanes flying Quito-Cuenca:  Lan ecuador, Aerogal and ask about it.  They have offices in USA.
Make sure any answer they give to you will be suported by writing. They can tell you one thing on the phone and in the airport can be another thing.

Air ticket is around $40 one way. I don't know about the dogs.
Car or van is around $200-$300, but I you want I can check again to be sure.

Vinny

Thanks so much for the information. I will check with the air lines on prices.

I appreciate your help!

Can anyone say how their dog did with the flight from the states to Cuenca? We have an Old English Sheepdog and are looking at moving sometime in 2012.

I would be interested in any information related to large dogs beind moved around the country, or being flown in from either the US or Canada. 

I have a rottweiler.

We'll be flying our two dogs from Quito to Cuenca in early May. I have researched the AeroGal website and it seems to be pretty straight forward. They go as part of our checked baggage and if they are too heavy we just pay the excess baggage. Here are the relevant URLs:

Pets on AeroGal (about 1/2 way down the page)

Excess Baggage Rates (about 2/3 down the page)

I hope this helps...

Hey! I'm near Toronto and also have a Rottweiler. I've read some places that Ecuador has banned Rottweilers and Pit bulls. If you know anything else regarding this. Let me know. Thanks :)

Hello lale4,

Kindly note that this thread is not active since March 2012.

Regards
Yuveshen