Rental in Vilcabamba May 7th, 2015

wow almost everything is done for my 9-I Visa.  Just waiting on the Sec of States office to return FBI background apostille.  Things when so well and so fast the I can only credit God!  I am looking for a minimum of 2 bedrooms furnished with everything included.  In town or very close to town.  I will treat the place better then I do my own and sign a lease.  I have a friend there and she has been sending me the local rental information and prices so don't think I don't know what is a deal or not.  God will take care of this too. 
Single Female currently with no pets.

(sorry this does not address your housing question)

Can you please tell us how long it took to complete the FBI backround check and the Dept. of State apostille? From beginning to end.

It would be wonderful to have an idea of the time frame to allow for these procedures.

Thanks for any light you can shed on the process.

I got my pass port in 11 days ($220), I got my back ground check back in 7 days ($ 50; Telos.com), both of these are including mail time..  Got finger prints at VIP ($25) to send off for my back ground test.  I got my state of Alaska state  back ground check in about 5 mins, ($20) I printed my SS award letter, did a custodial notary and the turn around at the state was 8 hours for Apostille not including mail time ($10).  State of Michigan was 4 days on the Apostille of my Birth Certificate not including mail time ($1.00).  Currently I haven't gotten my Apostille back from the Secretary of State waiting now.  But they said it was a 20 day max turn around.  I have just sent my SS letter and $40 to the Ecuadorian Embassy to get it approved for my 9I Visa and introduction letter.  Registered postage for all has been around $40.  I started all this on March 11th and this is March 26th.
But keep in mind God has been my way and he has done everything in record time.

Very kindhearted of you indeed to relate this process for me.

When the FBI report with apostille returns, please let us know what the turnaround time was for that. As I understand it, the 180 days of legitimacy for both police reports dates from the time the report was issued so that the apostilling process done after the report is issued is counting down on the 180 days. This is an important point for me.

You are one of their first people posting here going through the Ecuador visa application under the new requirements of 2015. Do keep us informed as you progress.

Thanks for your post. Very helpful.    :)

P.S. - If you'd rather not clog up your housing inquiry with more mish mash about the visa process, please post any information you can share with the rest of us here:

2015 - anybody in the Ecuador visa pipelines?
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=454637

kindheart1956 wrote:

There you go, Top Cat, all the information you ever needed

kindheart1956 wrote:

I got my pass port in 11 days ($220), I got my back ground check back in 7 days ($ 50; Telos.com), both of these are including mail time..  Got finger prints at VIP ($25) to send off for my back ground test.  I got my state of Alaska state  back ground check in about 5 mins, ($20) I printed my SS award letter, did a custodial notary and the turn around at the state was 8 hours for Apostille not including mail time ($10).  State of Michigan was 4 days on the Apostille of my Birth Certificate not including mail time ($1.00).  Currently I haven't gotten my Apostille back from the Secretary of State waiting now.  But they said it was a 20 day max turn around.  I have just sent my SS letter and $40 to the Ecuadorian Embassy to get it approved for my 9I Visa and introduction letter.  Registered postage for all has been around $40.  I started all this on March 11th and this is March 26th.

Well I just got my Apostilled FBI back ground check back from the US Secretary of State in DC and it took 19 days including mailing time.  So all totaled it has taken, 30 days to get all documents I need for the Ecuadorian Consulate.   So now I have hit a fence.  I am supposed to send my SSA apostilled letter to the closest consulate, can't get a hold of anyone at any consulate in the USA to help me, no answer or they do not return messages, with the exception of once, but after waiting 46 mins for someone who spoke English they hung up..  So I have 2 full days planed in Miami before I board my flight to EC.  So can anyone tell me if 2 days is enough, if I am there in person to get my 9I visa?  If not can I do this in EC?  I am afraid that if I mail it that is will get lost or they will send it back because of a problem and we pass in flight.  Any Advice?

oh, my proof on income was returned already from Nevada which I thought was the closest consulate.