Hi there - anyone fancy a chat??

hi there, I'm looking to chat with ex- pats ( uk) to see what the possibility of moving out to mauritius. Also to look into tracing my mauritian birth father who may or may not have returned there.

either way it would be great to chat and poss make new friends that I could visit the next time I come over

hope to hear back soon :)

can you help me, am looking to share a room?

Hi,

I've only been here a few months, so I'm not sure how much help i can b, but I'll try! Im from London.
When r u planning on moving here? Where 2?

What sort of things do u need 2 know?

Georgia

GeorgiaUK wrote:

Hi,

I've only been here a few months, so I'm not sure how much help i can b, but I'll try! Im from London.
When r u planning on moving here? Where 2?

What sort of things do u need 2 know?

Georgia

hello

could we meet when i arrive. need a room to share.

Hello Assandra,

I would like to inform you that you are off topic as the subject of this discussion is not about sharing room. Therefore, i would suggest you to browse the section Housing in Mauritius to find out about room sharing. You can also start a new discussion on the Mauritius forum. However, if you can help Amanda you are the most welcome.

Thank you
Yuveshen

so sorry, will try elsewhere

amanda jayne wrote:

hi there, I'm looking to chat with ex- pats ( uk) to see what the possibility of moving out to mauritius. Also to look into tracing my mauritian birth father who may or may not have returned there.

either way it would be great to chat and poss make new friends that I could visit the next time I come over

hope to hear back soon :)

Hi
I saw this post a few days ago and did not reply as going by the title I thought it was someone just wanting a chat now online, then just clicked on it by mistake and realised your post was not what I thought it was ;)

Do you have your fathers name and area that he originates from? It is not the easiest trying to trace people but there are some addresses I can give you if you are interested in contacting them, have tried to trace 2 people over the last few years for my maid but not had any luck to date.

It may be easier for you though as it is your father and not an adopted child, which I suppose is much more confidential.

I have been here almost 4 years now, from Cheshire originally, anything you need to know please ask I may be able to answer if not I am sure someone else will :)

Good luck in your search.

Hello!

Just saw this and thought I'd post a reply! I'm from Manchester originally, and marrying my Mauritian fiancé in July. I am currently between the UK and Mauritius until then and spent around 6 months out there in total. I'm starting to get used to things and acclimatise! Culture is very different but I'm enjoying the more laid back philosophy.. Compared to the UK 'busy 24/7' thing! ;)
Nice to see some other UK expats on here too!
Sarah :)

Finally another Manc! Congratulations on your engagement and wedding! Cheers, Carl

Hi Amanda,
I currently live in London but travel to mauritius 3 or 4 times a year for work. I will private message you my details as I think I might be able to help you in your search.
All the best
Natasha

(Moderated: please post in english only )

I am very sorry for that I did not read the code of conduct!
Please am very sorry,
Best regards to the team
Shane

please give more details your age ,nationality....