Setting up a basic home video studio - Supplier Recommendations?

Hi,

Anyone know if there is a place (or choice of places) to get help in setting up a basic (read cheap) studio for shooting video's for YouTube and the like? I've tried without getting lighting and backgrounds but the results are not good enough.

I found something at CowboyStudio.com in the states for very reasonable (then postage nearly doubled the order). Then I started looking at Import Duty and VAT (thanks to this site, I looked for that info here). I'm guessing this will add another huge bill to the order. I think my order has gone from $182 to 410 Euro with all the costs. Eek.

Is there somewhere on Malta to look for this sort of thing - or can anyone recommend anywhere within Europe - which I think greatly reduces costs.

Ideally I want something advertised as "Video Studio Kit for beginners" - or some such. I don't know what I'm looking for so not much good scouring over eBay or Amazon. (I've tried).  :)

Any recommendations for Photographic/Videographic Equipment Supplies in Malta (or Europe) appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Why do you need all this? Video Studio? Easily constructed anywhere using everyday available materials and lighting. With modern cameras, even many digital cameras also produce HD video that is more than satisfactory, often exceeding broadcast quality.
Invest in a good tripod, power pack and remote and you're away.
PM me if you wish, I used to do all this. I have recently sold my broadcast quality digital video camera as my hand digital video and other cameras are more than good enough. Save your money  :top:

Great - I'm going to PM you redmik (again!!) thanks  :)