Visa on arrival question

Can I buy a 3month visa on arrival?
Do I need a return or onward travel ticket?, I am not sure where my onward preference would be and may wish to extend an additional 3 months.

Thanks for advice.

Hello les64,

Thank you to introduce yourself.

Can you be a little more precise so that members can help?

I suggest you also to check out for topics in the Sril Lanka forum like Information on visas in Sri Lanka.

May be you can find some interesting infos.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Thank you for your reply
I have read the posts but have many outstanding questions
1, The travel visa appears to be 1 month only renewable 1 time. Do I have to leave and come back to stay longer??

2, The retirement visa visa has financial conditions that I can meet BUT I have a USA bank account for my pension but I have not lived there for 12years. How do I get a "certified statement"?   
It also requires a marriage certificate, we have been together 11 years, live in Cambodia but cannot receive a marriage cert here as the government will not allow marriages with foreigners and Cambodian women because of human trafficking, YES NO JOKE.
Any suggestions??

Government websites are great but limited to the  norm.
If anyone can help would welcome advice.

Here is the online visa link

http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/

You can apply via the link for a month and then you can extend while you are here.

Cheers

Nishan

les64 wrote:

It also requires a marriage certificate, we have been together 11 years, live in Cambodia but cannot receive a marriage cert here as the government will not allow marriages with foreigners and Cambodian women because of human trafficking, YES NO JOKE.
Any suggestions??

Read this thread. It is somewhat a big but interesting story how a senior guy got married to a Cambodian girl.
You can marry the girl outside in Cambodia.

I probably left the wrong impression, my partner is no a girl, she will be 50 in a month.

My original post asked about the onward travel ticket required on arrival?
The gov website says its mandatory, is this the case?

Pls call 0094-112-191919 (government Info Center)
or
Direct to the Immigration Department
Mr. K. G. Wijesiri +94 11 5329301 (Extension 9301)
Fax +94    2674631    
Email- contvisa[at]immigration.gov.lk

Thank you.