How much should we pay ?approximate
Don't want to get cheated

Many thanks

Around 50,000 VND per hour

Thank you
How about on a monthly basis

AnKhuong91 wrote:

Around 50,000 VND per hour

That would be about four times that, what a builder earns. Are you sure?

Hmmmm as i know it's ~ 6mil
you can contact with service company for more infm
[email protected]
#(08)66 820 204 - 0962 625 460
add: 451/7 Hai Bà Trưng street -ward 8 - Dist 3 - HCMC
ps: i see this company on Internet :)

Hi! I want show you about salary for a 1 month with time that you need 9am to 6 pm around 450$,because I am working for English family ( housekeeping from 9am to 5pm),they paid 400$/month for me.

It really depend. A reliable (skilled) helper, helping all hours, that you can trust, yeah, for a foreigner employer it's the right range.

Of course, Vietnamese employer pay cheaper. Then again, we mostly use the neighbourhood in the countryside to find them, so we know where they live. Plus they are not that skilled.

I pay 3,5mil/month for cleaning and cooking only, 4 - 4.5 hours a day, Mon to Sat.

It depends. It usually costs 4-5M VND. It's hard to find someone which you can believe. Take a look on some security companies.
Regards.

As a Vietnamese I shouldnt say this, but for a housekeeper, the reliability and trustworthiness are two highest requirement. After those two are met, it's when you can calculate on the correct wage scale.

Going the otherway will get your house burglared once she leave.

I didn't know what housemaids are that well-paid. Maybe I should change my job. LOL. An IT guy in my company only earns $500/ month.

ESL/ ESP Teacher Society wrote:

I didn't know what housemaids are that well-paid. Maybe I should change my job. LOL. An IT guy in my company only earns $500/ month.

Me too, I wanted to change my job too, because even my basic salary (with master degree) is lower than housekeeper :D. But I don't have any chances to become housekeeper  :nothappy:!

You have a Master in what field, Nga? I will keep an eye out for you if opportunities arise in my company or whenever I see one.

You have a Master in what field, Nga? I will keep an eye out for you if opportunities arise in my company or whenever I see one.

Thank you, I am an IT lecturer in a University, that's why my salary is very low like that :D.

Geez an unskilled nanny in Viet Nam earning 450usd( 9.5 million vnd) totally overpriced, but that's what happens when you are an expat,pay,paypay.

nhanguyen88 wrote:

It depends. It usually costs 4-5M VND. It's hard to find someone which you can believe. Take a look on some security companies.
Regards.

This comment should not be taken seriously.
The majority of security companies in Vietnam are not reliable and are mostly filled with the owners unemployed nephew and his friends.Or more often the old uncle who needs to get out of the house.

Once that blue shirt goes on,they get an inflated ego by 100%.
I couldn't imagine what a  housekeeper from them would be like.

Also, if it's that easy to find a trustable housekeeper, we dont have to worry our heads off for that. Even for local employers, it's not that easy.

ngattt wrote:

Me too, I wanted to change my job too, because even my basic salary (with master degree) is lower than housekeeper :D. But I don't have any chances to become housekeeper  :nothappy:!

yep, therefore I really can't believe such salaries. 400 USD is well more than the average a HR manager and we assume, they also house keeping.
I agree on, that foreigners often pay more (in fact get over charged) by many locals.

Paying my housekeeper 40,000 per hour..... But its only for two hours once a week.   This of it as tradesman/ad hok rates.
A company is advertising their cleaners for 35,000 hr casual rates. They are advertising somewhere?. Here, an phu neigbours on google groups or facebook expats ?? Not sure
Also i have just reviewed some wages today for english speaking shop staff ... 4.7 million full time monthly!
Just some thing to consider

I teach IT, my class with 150 students, 50.000VND/ 1 period, where 1 period = 45 mins, I can have a litte plus money because this class is too many students, but it's not much.

But I still want to do my job, even my salary is not high, but so much fun because my students are really good. And if I want, I can get more classes to earn more money.
If I want to become a "housekeeper", just for 1 person, taking care only him is enough :D.

My company is using another company to provide house care service here in Thao Dien. They work two hours a day and 3 times a week. Nobody is in the office watching her do her work, so we keep receiving complaints that she forgets to take out the trash and the dishes and cups are smeared because of coffee. If you do ever hire a housemaid from these companies, make sure of your presence while she is on the job

Goldilicious wrote:

We arrived in HCMC recently and looking for a Vietnamese housekeeper/nanny
Monday to Saturday
9-6pm
What is the salary scale
How much should we pay ?approximate
Don't want to get cheated

Many thanks

Please show to us job description which is your required??
language:

50k an hour is a meager amount of money if they do a decent job and don't steal you blind.  Any less than that and you're a modern day colonialist (IMHO).

Teacher Mark wrote:

50k an hour is a meager amount of money if they do a decent job and don't steal you blind.  Any less than that and you're a modern day colonialist (IMHO).

50k an hour if it's only a few hours a day, but not if its 9 hours a day 6 days a week. My VN friends have a full time nanny and she gets 3 million a month, a vast difference to the 9.5 million someone quoted.

Hi,

I saw a foreigner family recruiting a nanny housekeeper and they are willing to pay 8 000 000VND/month. I read all of your comments above  but remember he/she is needing a nanny too.. means a person who can do the 2 jobs... not someone just clean up everything and go away. 50 000d/hour is the amount which I was told many years ago. I feel sad for those poor Vietnamese if they can do cleaning perfectly and don't steal anything.

Regards

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Hi,

....... is the amount which I was told many years ago. I feel sad for those poor Vietnamese if they can do cleaning perfectly and don't steal anything.

Regards

I think this could be an asset but surely a rare species.

Hi,

How much is a Vietnamese housekeeper paid on average in USD?

It seems that you've been living in Vietnam for quite a long time.

Please advise. Thank you!

daffodil100 wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

About 300USD

Regards

It is indeed interesting to read comments/posts of some members. I find it fascinating some people require a person to perform as a decent housekeeper, a skillful nanny, a trustworthy employee and capable of communicating in English with little money. I wonder if any of those people have ever done anything like clean up a house, do laundry, watch the baby, feed the baby, keep the baby company, clean up baby's mess, cook for the family, etc AT THE SAME TIME for the WHOLE 9 HOURS. I have an 1-year-old nephew and it drove me nuts after 2 hours taking care of him ONLY.

350 to 500 usd/month for 8-9 hours work a day everyday is fair for what foreign expats require from nanny/housekeeper. Average salary of people with a bit of skill is around 200 to 300 usd a month without English speaking capability. If anyone says that is too much to pay for a nanny and housekeeper, look how much a normal worker earns, etc, they should hire a normal worker to take care, feed their baby and cook for the family instead. As long as a person is happy to pay and the other person is happy to do their job well, it is a fair transaction!

I have seen and heard many people complained that even a nanny earns more than they do. Well, do believe me, so far, for many reasons, they still haven't quit what they are doing to work as a nanny so they can earn what a nanny earns.

Sometimes I also ask myself "why does a BMW cost too much? It is only a mean of transport. Motorbike is also a mean of transport and look how much does a motorbike cost!"

Just a thought!

Dejavu.dot wrote:
daffodil100 wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

About 300USD

Regards

Thank you very much for your reply

We have a live in helper and pay 4.5 million per month

Ngan Khanh wrote:

It is indeed interesting to read comments/posts of some members. I find it fascinating some people require a person to perform as a decent housekeeper, a skillful nanny, a trustworthy employee and capable of communicating in English with little money. I wonder if any of those people have ever done anything like clean up a house, do laundry, watch the baby, feed the baby, keep the baby company, clean up baby's mess, cook for the family, etc AT THE SAME TIME for the WHOLE 9 HOURS. I have an 1-year-old nephew and it drove me nuts after 2 hours taking care of him ONLY.

350 to 500 usd/month for 8-9 hours work a day everyday is fair for what foreign expats require from nanny/housekeeper. Average salary of people with a bit of skill is around 200 to 300 usd a month without English speaking capability. If anyone says that is too much to pay for a nanny and housekeeper, look how much a normal worker earns, etc, they should hire a normal worker to take care, feed their baby and cook for the family instead. As long as a person is happy to pay and the other person is happy to do their job well, it is a fair transaction!

I have seen and heard many people complained that even a nanny earns more than they do. Well, do believe me, so far, for many reasons, they still haven't quit what they are doing to work as a nanny so they can earn what a nanny earns.

Sometimes I also ask myself "why does a BMW cost too much? It is only a mean of transport. Motorbike is also a mean of transport and look how much does a motorbike cost!"

Just a thought!

Despite I think, money is somehow secondary, I would face the conflict to pay a HR manager less, than the housekeeper.

In which country would earn a housekeeper a multiple of the national average income? I personally don't understand the logic you apply.

My wife is a degreed professional who works 6 days a week and makes only 600usd per month. I would never insult my wife by paying our helper an equivalent salary.

l3ully wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

Hi,

....... is the amount which I was told many years ago. I feel sad for those poor Vietnamese if they can do cleaning perfectly and don't steal anything.

Regards

I think this could be an asset but surely a rare species.

I have known some rich families. Their servants just earns 800 000d/month and those poor people have worked over 50 years!

yes, it can happen and in VN it happen quite often, hardest workers earn the lowest income and a huge lot not even enough to feed sufficient.  Where I am coming from, that is about 15% of the best who earn countries average income  or more, including those, who not earn, but inherit.

As a matter of fact, I not pay for a cleaner USD 400.00 + or anything like that. I can mop a floor myself and a bit shopping gives me well a break of the screen.

l3ully wrote:

Despite I think, money is somehow secondary, I would face the conflict to pay a HR manager less, than the housekeeper.

In which country would earn a housekeeper a multiple of the national average income? I personally don't understand the logic you apply.

If you think it's too much, then don't pay! I did mention above, as long as you are happy to pay and the person happy to do their job then it is a fair transaction. Nobody forced you to pay a housekeeper 500 usd a month!

If anyone feels like they work too much for too little money then they should find another job instead of whining why other people get paid more. Or if they think a housekeeper/nanny get paid more than they do, why don't they change their job to nanny? Otherwise they are in a fair transaction and should not be whining instead of doing what they are paid for.

Ngan Khanh wrote:
l3ully wrote:

If you think it's too much, then don't pay! I did mention above, as long as you are happy to pay and the person happy to do their job then it is a fair transaction. Nobody forced you to pay a housekeeper 500 usd a month!

If anyone feels like they work too much for too little money then they should find another job instead of whining why other people get paid more. Or if they think a housekeeper/nanny get paid more than they do, why don't they change their job to nanny? Otherwise they are in a fair transaction and should not be whining instead of doing what they are paid for.

That's absolutely fine for me. Those who pay such moneys are commonly faster gone then settled.

Ngan Khanh wrote:

Just a thought!

I do wonder why people need a housekeeper. I can see the need for a child minder but, seriously, some people want to pay someone to cook and clean? I cannot believe the amount of people who employ a cooker/cleaner and just whinge all the time. They employ one as some sort of 'status' symbol?

I dont know about status symbol~

One time in my family there's simply no one has energy to do the housework after going to work all day. It's necessary to have a person to sweep the whole house, clean up, and clean the dishes. No cook because everyone is a bit picky about cooking. We hired one housekeeper for nearly a year.

But that's it. After that really hectic period, we turned back to normal and share the housework like before. It's not just a matter of cost, but also the change in lifestyle with having one stranger intruding into our affairs.

Also, the time right after having new babies would be a serious time needed a housekeeper. After taking care the babies all night, you just dont have the energy to do the normal chores. Enough to go to work is more than you can ask for.

Seriously, you need a housekeeper, which is why you hire one. I dont get people like having ones as a status symbol. And when you need some one like that, why complain about the cost?

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the proper section of the website : Personal and household services jobs in Ho Chi Minh City
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct