Need some help to move to Europe

it's not safe in Egypt to get my British wife and I don't feel safe myself because of bombs here and there and then the random police arrests for people for nothing but political reasons so  I wouldn't take my wife to stay in the crazy Egypt plus it's hard to get to the UK for me with the UK restrictions and immigration tuff rules of financial requirements
and she wants to be still close to UK in case of Emergency because of the health of her family and events and so and Easy access to Egypt as well for the same reasons
any recommendations and advice is highly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Hello Egyptian I,

Which country would you like to go?

Are you looking for a job? In which sector?

I would suggest you to provide more information so that members can help you.

Thank you
Yuveshen

If  you cant enter England due the restrictions, despite your wife is British, maybe by a job. You must have good quality skills that a company wants to hire you.

And your post is still vague, which country you want to go, what about your languages?
Europe is a big continent with many different countries and even many different cultures and rules...

I am Arabic teacher and I know English and Italian and some Turkish and progress in it
I love languages and don't mind to learn any as I am fast learner I handled Italian in one month and don't mind to work in any related field also I have some experience in restaurants and office work secretary and coordination plus other things like fixing cars and so
I don't waste time and I try to learn something new always
and of course I need a job at the country I am moving to, and mainly teaching Arabic as this is my BA but I am still open to any chance as well
for which country here is the thing,  I ask your help as I don't know where to go as I don't mind any country but I don't know what country is the best for me also with the fact that my wife is a photographer and want to apply for University at the country we are moving to, to study photography .
I hope that info helps you can ask more if needed

Hi,

You wife has no work restrictions within the EU. So the easiest would be for her to get a job and you joining as a dependant. Once you receive your dependant resident/work permit you can start working and she can start her studies.

She could start her studies directly if she can proof enough funds for the both of you to live on. The rules and amounts differ from country to country though....

That's the thing she is just a student and if she was able to proof funds for both of us we would stay in UK but she can't unfortunately

Don't restrict yourself to looking at one country, especially one that will be difficult to get into.
Politics commonly cause problems for people, so you have to get a little creative, and less fussy about where you go.

True Fred that why I was asking in general at Europe not UK as we found it a bit difficult
for me I suffer from the currency exchange rate for example I would be fine to get to the UK if the financial requirements was in Egyptian money but as it's GBP then it should be about eleven otwelve times which means to save 1000£ I have to save more than 11000 GEP and it's not easy in Egypt to save up
and not sure how it should work around Europe as I heard of the freedom of movement law around Europe but I don't have enough info about it and not sure how it should work

Freedom of movement :
http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=457http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?cat … ;langId=en
The basic rule is written there:
''Your non-EU spouse, (grand)children or (grand)parents may stay with you in another EU country. If they stay for less than 3 months, all they need is a valid passport and sometimes, depending on the country they are from, an entry visa.''

Your wife can move freely, but you will have to look into entry requirements for the individual countries.

I agree that you should not restrict yourself to the UK, but I would choose a country where you both can speak the language. This increases your job prospects.

Hi Egyptian I!

I believe al Europen countries have these financial requirements. I think you need to look for a job before going, which can be very difficult without the right contacts...

To be honest, I think the easiest would be for your wife to delay her studies and start working until she is allowed to bring a foreign spouse. Then you can apply for jobs when you are in the country, and she can continue her studies. It sucks and it takes time, I know, but this is how people I know did it.

I hope you will find a way to be together :)

MariaVik wrote:

To be honest, I think the easiest would be for your wife to delay her studies and start working until she is allowed to bring a foreign spouse.

I don't think working for the minimum wage (which would be the probable case here if she was to take up employment without qualifications), would meet the financial requirements, which I believe is set at £18,600. I suspect she might have to complete her studies, and hopefully find a decent paying job that will satisfy the criteria for a spouse visa.

To the poster, unfortunately I don't believe the situation in Egypt, as bad as it can get, is taken into account when deciding whether to approve a visa application. I don't think it will strengthen your application.

Egyptian I,

Can't your wife's family help in terms of job contacts or even sponsoring?

Use any contacts you can think of  in the UK....!

Isn't there "easier" European countries to enter. Then stay there until you obtain your residency. Then use it to move to the UK as an EU citizen.

What about places like Romania, Bulgaria, Poland? I've no idea, but I assume they are less strict, and you can find work as a language teacher? Then later on move to the UK. I might be completely wrong, but just a suggestion.

no_clue wrote:

Egyptian I,

Can't your wife's family help in terms of job contacts or even sponsoring?

Use any contacts you can think of  in the UK....!

Her father said he is welling to sponsor my Application before but I am not sure that it's enough as for to stay in UK As I think it's about the 18600 a year (not sure about it though )

And to go to easier country what I don't know that why I asked for help
for us we were thinking of Holland , Italy ,Greece ,Spain or Germany maybe France and Sweden I think it is not easy I don't know
also we thought of Ireland

XB23 wrote:

What about places like Romania, Bulgaria, Poland? I've no idea, but I assume they are less strict, and you can find work as a language teacher? Then later on move to the UK. I might be completely wrong, but just a suggestion.

Interesting countries I don't mind any of them but I have no idea about them maybe I thought about Poland
but do you think we can save up with them
we don't drink both and not into nightclubs maybe twice a month if we did And more practical with life expenses
but I don't know maybe I am wrong about this idea of the countries which like Romania for example is not easy to save money in terms to move to UK later on

Egyptian I wrote:
XB23 wrote:

Interesting countries I don't mind any of them but I have no idea about them maybe I thought about Poland
but do you think we can save up with them
we don't drink both and not into nightclubs maybe twice a month if we did And more practical with life expenses
but I don't know maybe I am wrong about this idea of the countries which like Romania for example is not easy to save money in terms to move to UK later on

As far as I'm aware, citizens of those countries can freely move, without having to meet financial requirements. As I said, I can be completely wrong, but what I was trying to say is, move to an *easier* EU country. Obtain residency, then use that to move to the UK without the obstacles that you currently face, and live with her, and in that time, she can come and visit you whenever possible. One of the other options is waiting for her to satisfy the financial requirements, which can take some time. So I suppose you have to be proactive and look for other possibilities as well, and that's why I'm mentioning one, although I'm not sure of how easy it is to move there.

And btw am I entitled to work in any European country as my wife is English?  And can I apply for work from my home country

yes and no:

If your wife has a job in that country you can get a work permit based on her EU citizenship and take any job.

If she is the dependant (and can not finacially support you) you have to follow the Non-EU application process . This means you have to be a skilled worker and the employer has to prove that they can't find an EU-citizen for that particular job. This is not an easy task.

Again, every country has slightly different requirements and I can't guarantee the above process applies to all EU countries.

You definitely should apply from you home country and secure a job first.  I strongly advise against moving without an offer. Your savings will be eaten up in no time and finding a job anywhere in the EU is difficult these days.

In addition to some of the other arguments given in this thread there is another covert aspect that should be taken into consideration.
There are many, better said very many, men and women from non-EU countries who are seeking by any means whatever to get into Europe and the immigration authorities are well aware of most of the tricks used.
One such is for men to seduce young, impressionable young women from EU countries who are either on holiday abroad or in the EU itself when the man is visiting Europe for whatever reason.
Such men are aware that to capture a young, inexperienced woman's loyalty is via her vagina. Absolutely no disrespect for any women reading this but this is a fact based on mankind's biology.
The point of my message is to be aware that officers concerned with granting permission to applicants who may appear to be using this route to gain entry to Europe are not going to be particularly helpful.

I guess that's one of the problems some of them face. Having to convince the Officers that there is no ulterior motives involved, among a pile of questionable applications from non-EU partners seeking to gain entry via a fiance/spouse visa. Unfortunately, countries such as Egypt, and the remaining others in North Africa rank quite high in terms of immigration fraud. Which doesn't help genuine applicants. The actions of others tends to spoil things for everyone, and they find themselves painted with the same brush.

El_Jost wrote:

In addition to some of the other arguments given in this thread there is another covert aspect that should be taken into consideration.
There are many, better said very many, men and women from non-EU countries who are seeking by any means whatever to get into Europe and the immigration authorities are well aware of most of the tricks used.
One such is for men to seduce young, impressionable young women from EU countries who are either on holiday abroad or in the EU itself when the man is visiting Europe for whatever reason.
Such men are aware that to capture a young, inexperienced woman's loyalty is via her vagina. Absolutely no disrespect for any women reading this but this is a fact based on mankind's biology.
The point of my message is to be aware that officers concerned with granting permission to applicants who may appear to be using this route to gain entry to Europe are not going to be particularly helpful.

Mr_Jost
thanks for your kind words
first of all I am not that kind of people you talk about plus in my work as Arabic teacher I have a lot options to marry a European from countries which are more easy to get to more than UK and also if I was thinking of easy route I would choose someone  else
plus there is something called love which is my case here and in fact my wife is the one wants to stay in Europe for me to go to non Arab country which is Muslim is a great investment but I respect my wife and her need to stay close to Uk as such countries Are in Asia like Malaysia or Indonesia and so
So
before pointing to me as a person who use his wife look at yourself generalised me that point
you didn't respect me and how I would feel if what you said is wrong and you didn't respect the women when you talked about them as if they are remotely controlled by there vagina this is disrespect because women are equal to men and have the well to know if someone using them or not
I understand some get tricked at the beginning but they get that later
sorry but I don't like what you said
and you could have said that in nicer way without entitle me or insulting the women minds
we know that people use each other around the world

XB23 wrote:

I guess that's one of the problems some of them face. Having to convince the Officers that there is no ulterior motives involved, among a pile of questionable applications from non-EU partners seeking to gain entry via a fiance/spouse visa. Unfortunately, countries such as Egypt, and the remaining others in North Africa rank quite high in terms of immigration fraud. Which doesn't help genuine applicants. The actions of others tends to spoil things for everyone, and they find themselves painted with the same brush.

True story and unfortunately we now brushed for it
you have no idea how much it hurts to get that from people

Egyptian I wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Mr_Jost
first of all I am not that kind of people you talk about plus in my work as Arabic teacher I have a lot options to marry a European from countries which are more easy to get to more than UK and also if I was thinking of easy route I would choose someone  else
plus there is something called love which is my case here and in fact my wife is the one wants to stay in Europe for me to go to non Arab country which is Muslim is a great investment but I respect my wife and her need to stay close to Uk as such countries Are in Asia like Malaysia or Indonesia and so
So
before pointing to me as a person who use his wife look at yourself generalised me that point
you didn't respect me and how I would feel if what you said is wrong and you didn't respect the women when you talked about them as if they are remotely controlled by there vagina this is disrespect because women are equal to men and have the well to know if someone using them or not
and you could have said that in nicer way without entitle me or insulting the women minds

I didn't get that from his message. To me, from what I understand from his post, it was just to let you know that you might come across to the Officers as someone who is using this young woman to gain entry to the UK (as others have done). Not that you're actively using someone. But rather that you might appear to the Officer as doing so. Which is true. Even if you do everything above board, and have pure intentions, they can still suspect the relationship isn't genuine.

Egyptian I wrote:
XB23 wrote:

Oh trust me I have a lot of idea of being tarred with the same brush. I'm born and bred here, yet have to constantly prove that I'm not like other foreigners, that I accept British values, not there to "steal jobs", "milk the system" (as in taking from the welfare pot), engage in crime, and willing to integrate. That's just the way things are, and I accept it. It's life. The minority do ruin things for the majority. So for you, when the time comes, if it comes, you will just have to convince the Officers that you're not like the vast majority of non-EU partners applying for a spouse visa. That's just the way things are.

XB23 wrote:
Egyptian I wrote:
XB23 wrote:

Oh trust me I have a lot of idea of being tarred with the same brush. I'm born and bred here, yet have to constantly prove that I'm not like other foreigners, that I accept British values, not there to "steal jobs", "milk the system" (as in taking from the welfare pot), engage in crime, and willing to integrate. That's just the way things are, and I accept it. It's life. The minority do ruin things for the majority. So for you, when the time comes, if it comes, you will just have to convince the Officers that you're not like the vast majority of non-EU partners applying for a spouse visa. That's just the way things are.

To work and do it good pay your tax is not milking the system the one who milk the system is the British who asks his country for funds every month and always while putting an Ass on chair without working and without doudoing something good for the system
and you are not stealing jobs from anyone else because the work is there and as Egyptians apply for work also English apply for work in Egypt and they don't pay tax like they do in UK so same thing if both doesn't pay tax but in UK everyone has to so
and you don't have to prove yourself to anyone maybe the officer who would ask but not all people as if they want to say something they still will say it about you even if they are sure that what they say is not true
and you know that there is political parties and people who milk the system to stop the immigration specially the non-EU which I call racist because we all were born on Earth and the borders are just a human made and basically it wasn't to stop immigration even but to protect from attacks on the cities but now it was reformed to around countries to divedivide the countries and so on

XB23 wrote:
Egyptian I wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Mr_Jost
So

I didn't get that from his message. To me, from what I understand from his post, it was just to let you know that you might come across to the Officers as someone who is using this young woman to gain entry to the UK (as others have done). Not that you're actively using someone. But rather that you might appear to the Officer as doing so. Which is true. Even if you do everything above board, and have pure intentions, they can still suspect the relationship isn't genuine.

He could say it in a nice way if it was the case
anyway I am aware of the point of the officers and in fact we are together long time ago and just thought of travel after Egypt became not that safe as I said

Egyptian I wrote:
XB23 wrote:
Egyptian I wrote:

To work and do it good pay your tax is not milking the system the one who milk the system is the British who asks his country for funds every month and always while putting an Ass on chair without working and without doudoing something good for the system
and you are not stealing jobs from anyone else because the work is there and as Egyptians apply for work also English apply for work in Egypt and they don't pay tax like they do in UK so same thing if both doesn't pay tax but in UK everyone has to so
and you don't have to prove yourself to anyone maybe the officer who would ask but not all people as if they want to say something they still will say it about you even if they are sure that what they say is not true
and you know that there is political parties and people who milk the system to stop the immigration specially the non-EU which I call racist because we all were born on Earth and the borders are just a human made and basically it wasn't to stop immigration even but to protect from attacks on the cities but now it was reformed to around countries to divedivide the countries and so on

I don't think it's necessary racism. If millions of non-Egyptians, were constantly arriving by plane, by boat, then it would be understandable for the citizens and government to be rightly concerned, limit immigration, and tighten the borders. It would also lead to dislike of foreigners by Egyptians if they many of them started flooding in daily. And that's what is happening here, so I don't blame them at all. I wouldn't want it happening to my country. Mass-immigration is a complete failure, and time will prove that. This is not just about you coming (it wouldn't be a big deal if it was just a few applicants!), but it's about millions of others wanting to do the same (many who are applying fraudulently), which is the problem. It's nearly impossible to tell who is being truthful. This is the reason why the situation is as it is, and I'm confident the Egyptian government would of taken the same steps, supported by the people, if faced with the same problem.

I understand it at the same time look at China and it's population lol and still going strong and getting stronger numbers wasn't a problem
it's just imaged like that 
same in Egypt they always said that but again some other countries with less resources than Egypt and more people and doing better so you know anyway it will not change anything of the rules we face here for me at the end I don't mind going to Island in the middle of nowhere and life will be great lol

Egyptian I wrote:

I understand it at the same time look at China and it's population lol and still going strong and getting stronger numbers wasn't a problem
it's just imaged like that 
same in Egypt they always said that but again some other countries with less resources than Egypt and more people and doing better so you know anyway it will not change anything of the rules we face here for me at the end I don't mind going to Island in the middle of nowhere and life will be great lol

Well China did implement a one-child policy. And many of the problems Egypt face, is due to the huge population growth, that is resulting in social unrest, and worsening an already bad situation. This is not my opinion.