Mortgage in Malta

Hi can anyone tell me can we get a Mortgage to buy a property in Malta whist still living in the uk.???

The bank?
I am not sure getting a mortgage to buy a property is the best idea especially without actually checking properties first , deciding on a place to live and spending a long time in that area to see wether it's right for you.

Read the thread renting v buying to see some other people's thoughts on the matter

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=445552

In particular pay attention to Toon and Terry they are people I would listen too

Hi alfie,

it's nice to see you back again.

Why do you want to apply for a mortgage for a property in Malta if you are nowhere getting to Malta and stil looking for a job?

If your financial position is very good you can get a mortgage - no problem ! But banks take no risks with foreigners. You will probably have to put a downpayment of 50 % on the property.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Nice to here from you I have got work buts it not me my mum has a lot of money saved and would like to do , better then renting.
lol
All the best,

Thanks,

Alfie.

How have you been.

Could She get a property and a loan from bank with a deposit , Whats the min say on a 80,000 pound mortgage?

Hope to hear from you soon,

All the best ,

Thanks,

Alfie.

contact hsbc or check out their website hsbc.com.mt they will let you know your chances of getting a loan .. I know when Matt applied for one they wanted three years of work history and fs3 form to match - this is similar to a p46 and details what you earnt in tax year

I guess of your mother has savings etc they may take that into consideration 
People do buy property out here though so there must be able to get mortgages etc

I still think it's worth contacting the bank directly

I'm good thanks hope your well

Rob

I'm Well Thanks Rob, Thank you for that I will tell her when she get in , Nice one,

Hows the whether,

Thanks,

Alfie.

Bit of a mixed bag to be fair  yesterday was nice today was a bit wet still only a few weeks till summer lol