Moving to Minsk

Hello! I have recently been offered a contract with the QSI school in Minsk and would love to hear what anyone has to say about the city and/or school.

Also, how safe is Minsk? Has it been affected by the uprisings in the Ukraine?

Thank you!

hello) you can not worry about safety in minsk. the ukranian conflict is pretty far. and also minsk can be considered one of the most safe country because of the numbeк of policemens. watch the pic http://cs309421.vk.me/v309421150/4b63/YeA1ijK0FFU.jpg and you'll understand with flags and numbers situation in the world and in belarus.
belarus is also pretty quite and clean country.
i can say not too much about schools because i 've finished it long ago. and for fure depends on what kind of school you enter in but in the majority of schools you gonna feel a soviet spirit. and also i am sure that you'll enjoy a lot because people here are very open and responsive
Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response! I have now accepted the job and feel very safe with the school and will begin teaching in August. Have a great day!

Hi,

I am getting back to Minsk in mid April (currently in Maurtius). I could show you around and introduce you to the country/city/people. Let me know.

Hey!

I am not sure for how long you are planning on staying in the country. In case you are considering to move some stuff from your home country, i.e. just personal effects you might want to try our service. It will help you to find the best option of moving your belongings to Minsk. We are still in beta version, so we ask you for little help to validate our product. Feel free to read more on urelocateonline.com

Have a nice day,
Igy

Minsk is very safe!!! I was shocked by the amount of police here and very polite police by the way!!! I had a beer in the park and they asked just to move to a terasse to drink it there and thats it. And also here is very quiet at night

You are lucky with the police catching you with open beer in public place. For locals it is 99% chance to get a ride in a party van to a local copshop , get breathanalyzed  and end up paying from $20 to $100 fine.