Valencia questions

I shall be going to Valencia this spring for a month, rented an apartment in El CArmen.  View is to testing the waters for a longer annual stay or possible move next year if all goes well.
Wonder if anyone can help with the following:

1. Good value shop where you can buy things like pots and pans and kitchen stuff (thinking more along the lines of a Wilkinsons or reasonably priced department store rather than the more up market El Corte.

2. I'm planning on buying a one month city transport Abono Transporte pass which I think is 45 Euros.  Could anyone tell me what ID is required for non residents.

3. Swimming pool.  I'd like to go swimming regularly at a public pool, can anyone tell me the one nearest El CArmen and the cost of adult swim.

4. Want to go to a football match, how much is a decent seat to see Valencia FC?

5. Best food/veg market nearest El Carmen.

6. Best place to look for an apartment for the autumn or next spring for a couple of months. Any local agents anyone would recommend?  (not looking for tourist aprtment)#

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks
Jonnyo

Hi Jonnyo,

I live in El Carmen.

For buying cheap pots and pans, I recommend going to any of the chinese shops/bazars.  There is for example one in Calle De Serranos, the road leading from(or to) the famous Serrano towers.   But these chinese shops are all over and they have most of those little things you need to start a home.

Sorry, I don't know much about abono transporte nor do I know anything about football.

There is a swimming pool in Carmen, but I haven't tried it.  I actually haven't tried a swimming pool in Spain.  But I do like to swim in the ocean during summer time.

When living in Carmen you have access to one of the best and beautiful food markets in Europe, El Mercat.  bbc.co.uk/mundo/noticias/2015/03/150303_vert_cult_mercados_mas_bellos_yv  A walk through this place is an experience, and an excellent way to learn Spanish while buying fresh fruits and vegetables.  Soon people will start knowing you by name, and they will greet you and welcome you.   It is truly fantastic. 

Finding a place to rent for long term is much easier than finding something for a couple of months.  I can recommend a great agent for finding a long term lease, but once I showed up with a friend who only wanted to stay for 6 months and he could do nothing for me.  That doesn't mean it's not possible.

Hope you enjoy Valencia.  I absolutely adore this city and have decided to stay here for the rest of my life, and I am no pensioner. :)

Best

Siggi

Hi siggi

Thank you for the helpful reply.  I have noticed there is a Carrefour near to the Turia which should be useful also.

jonnyo