How to make friends In Marrakech

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to meet English speaking people in Marrakech.I don't mind if you dont speak English.i can try to speak your language!!!!

I live in Marrakech with my Moroccan husband who works very long hours, so I'm hoping to build a social life of my own and hopefully make some true friends along the way.

I love playing the piano and the arts and walking and current affairs. I am studying languages, classical Arabic and French.but I have oodles of spare time to meet up and exchange ideas etc. so hope to hear from you.

Hello everyone, so actually I'm from Marrakech, always lived here, but recently lost every single friend I had.  so If anyone is interested in grabbing a coffee someday, that would be fun. And btw I'm only 20 years old.

Hello Marrakech girl,

That's awful how did you lose all your friends?

It can be a very transient society and particularly during the summer when residents seem to go away as I discovered this August.

Are you a student or do you work in the town?

I shall be back in Marrakech at the end of September and would be happy to meet up with you then.

all the best,
Hannah

Hello Hannah,

Well concerning how I lost my friends, the short story is that i I had gotten sick for a couple of weeks and who were my friends just stopped calling and visiting, and since then never heard from anyone..
Yeah but anyway, I am still at a business school in Marrakech.

This being said, I would definitely like to meet up with you as soon as you get back to Marrakech. Until then take good care of yourself.

Cheers,
Badia

I freu mi au immer wieder wenn i neui Lüüt kenna lerna. Wür mi freua über es Treffa...

@ Tasafout > Hello :) Could you please post your message in english, as you are on the english speaking forum. Thanks. Karen :)

Yes i know i'm sorry. I did wrote to a Swiss One like me but send it wrong...

i look for friends in marrakesh

hey, i'm a photographer from Marrakesh and i'm too curious about others.
follow me on facebook: Riad Tabiben

hey, i'm from Marrakesh and i'm 23 years old. if you are not older than me we can be friends.
have a good day

hey, i'm from Marrakesh too (:

hey José, i'm from Marrakesh and i'm 23 years old. if you are near to my age we can be friends.
have a good day

Hi Riad Tabiben,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I am sure you will get some contacts very soon.

Please note that you can also create a new discussion on the Marrakech forum for better visibility.

Thank you and best of luck.

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hello !!! Looking for new friends !!!

MarrakechGirl wrote:

Hello Hannah,

Well concerning how I lost my friends, the short story is that i I had gotten sick for a couple of weeks and who were my friends just stopped calling and visiting, and since then never heard from anyone..

This being said, I would definitely like to meet up with you as soon as you get back to Marrakech. Until then take good care of yourself.

Cheers

HI! I'll be coming to Marrkech in a few months too! Hope to meet new people and make great friends :)

Im a student from Belgium!

Hi, are you already in Marrakech? I'm looking for new friends here also. I'm in Morocco 2 months and after extend of my stay here I'll stay here for another 3 months.
Let me to know and we can meet.
Vit

Hi Vítek!

Are you Czech? And in Marrakech? I didn´t talk in czech nearly over 5 months. Im an czach expat living in Marrakech. Would be nice to meet you if you are interested in :)

Regards,

Denisa

Ahoj Deniso, jsem Czech jako poleno :-). Super, muzeme se sejit budu rad. Muj email: [email protected]. Napis a rekneme si kdy a kde.

(Pisu na spanelsky klavesnici tak se omlouvam za hacky a carky)

Vitek

Hi Vitek - why not keeping it in English on the Anglophone Forum  :/

Hi

I have just moved to marrakech to teach english and would love to meet some people, to makes friends and get tips for living in the city, such as how to find a place to live?

Cara

Hi, if someone native english speaker and lifeslover, we can meet with others cool friends.
We've got a big house where we can let you a room, in exchange of goodvibes and obviously speak english.

See u ;)

HI has no one responded to this?
I went to the Café de Livre European Bar advised by a then friend and that is a nice place to meet Europeans. However you do not always want to be friends just because you come from Europes. I met a lady and within three days she didn't leave me alone and our friendship ended quickly as I realised I wouldn't want that type of friend at home so why over there? Choose your friends as you would here, carefully. I am going to try French classes and yoga and hopefully meet people of the same interests. I am moving over and am a little afraid of loneliness and also walking around alone as I used to have a Moroccan boyfriend and was ok but now I am single as usual you get the continual hassling
Can you advise best cafés to go to for peace and safety
I love the Henna Café run by American Lady and Moroccan guy and sneak there many times. I also run a womens business club in the UK and love to start one in Marrakech for Europeans and Moroccans just to enjoy coffee and cake say once a month informally

HI we already met - hope you ok and Nadine too......

Who knows may catch up one day - hope you both well  Di

Lots of Moroccans and tourists also go to Cafe du Livre. Huge mix of people there, and hassle free because it off the street.
Its hard to just rock up somewhere and meet people. I like the Internations events (internations.org), which attract a mixed crowd as well.

Hello , but i'm living in Rabat

I have been in Marrakech for a day now, and im looking for some friends! I will stay here for a few months.im a 20y/o girl

Hello every one!

I am filipina want to communicate nice people in marakesh.. I am filipina hoping anyone here can be friend too..

Thanks😃

Hi hello how are you.. Maybe we can meet. I am looking for a nice people friends in marakesh..

Hello, how are you, i want to meet nice poeple in marrakech or some where in europe, i can travel

hello, i'm free after 16 H can we meet in marrakech

hello whene and where we can meet

Hello ABAZ0607,

No need to post duplicates.

If you don't have any revert, you can still create a new thread in the Marrakech forum.

Thank you,

Marjorie

How to make friends & Places to meet people!

One of the main problems I found before going to Marrakesh was the lack of recommend 'expat' drinking haunts.
Don't get me wrong, I don't go away on holiday with the sole intention of spending it all with other expats, or taking up every offer from a local who wants to befriend and show me around, yea.......

So basically and especially as a single traveller just looking to strike up a chat with anyone or maybe just hanging around for a few hours together without sort of butting into their personal space was something I found hard, normally I don't have any problems chatting with people but obviously on this occasion I must have been choosing the wrong places to visit.

So maybe if people especially people already living in Morocco (or wherever) could build-up a list of haunts maybe worth visiting could help friendships or meeting start to take place, not forgetting if certain days or times were better than others.

Maybe this should have been made in a new thread and if so then maybe one of the mods would care to make it so.

I think it was the Hotel Tazi that I went into for a drink, if it's the same one, it was on a corner with the door on the corner leading into the reception area, so I had to walk from the reception area then through the dining room to get to the bar, which as it happens (for future reference) also a door from the street just a short way down the left-hand side of the building from the reception corner doors.

But unfortunately there was football on the TV and not being a sporty person (don't even know how many players in a team) felt a bit out of it, so just had the one drink and left, but as you say, it's basic and and does the job, although my first impression was that of walking through the doors into a time warp jumping back into a time because it reminded me of how pubs in the UK used to look back in the 60s, but no complaints and the staff were nice and friendly.

Actually I stayed there and thought lots of Moroccan ladies hanging around late at night and not dressed in their usual respectful attire - say no more

Marathon49 wrote:

Actually I stayed there and thought lots of Moroccan ladies hanging around late at night and not dressed in their usual respectful attire - say no more

Precisely the reason they are viewed a certain way in the Arab/Muslim-world. For good reasons.

HI wow be careful lady you will have a queue

Would you put that on a social media site in the UK no way

What you are interested in sounds fab so hang around places like that - try the Henna Cafe and say hi to Lorrie and Rachid and take your time

Just saying I will meet anyone and have lots of time is pretty dangerous in my opinion

Only be friends with people who you would be friends with at home and how long does that take? Just because they are your country, culture or language doesn't mean you would get on

I share many of your interests and would love to keep in touch

Out there in April and in May but I only meet strangers at official events

I am sure others on this site would say the same and I have two years of experience travelling all over Morocco and I love it

Keep in touch and just take big care
R

I echo the previous post from my experience of the developing world as I am sure it is the same in Morocco. According to some reports, it is worse. Please be careful of stating that you would "meet anyone". If you do, you are likely to meet rip-off merchants and worse and you might be in actual physical and sexual danger. Only meet people in well-lighted places where there are loads of people around. Don't go to anyone's home. If you have the slightest niggle of doubt about anyone or feel the tiniest bit uncomfortable, simply leave.

Find places where foreigners gather and meet them rather than locals, as a general rule. If you meet locals, you will, with the odd exception, find yourself out of pocket.

Please be careful and treat assertions from local people about their job, money, "villa" and so on with the utmost scepticism.

Hi people,

I'm traveling alone to Marrakech the 31st of May till the 7th of June. It would be nice if I could find someone who are willing to show me around. I'm a very nice, open-minded and easy going person. It would be amazing if someone could help me.

Greeting from Amsterdam