Doctors

ARE THERE OR IS THERE a GOOD ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON close by ?   might need one in the future.bad disks in my neck.  other than that, I'm as healthy as a boar 'coon in mid november  remember, life is not a dress rehearsal. live now in the present, not for someday in the future. if you wake up & your elbows don't hit wood, it is a great day. Planner, glad things are working out for you. you deserve it for all you do for others. it is a lesson for all the rest of us, hugs & thanks !!!.

There is a good Ortho doc  (Reyes) an CMC in Sosua and some excellent one's in HOMS medical center in Santiago.  I personally would opt for HOMS

Bob K

Bob is the expert on this stuff, follow.his advice.....

And thanks, I will update on the other thread......

thank you Bob K. Ive had excellent care at the Coraminus hospital in Santiago. lens replacement and laser tacking in my eyes. top of the line technology & caring knowledgeble  staff. Dr. Gussman was great, plus they accepted insurance. present P.T. is holding symptoms at bay. hope to avoid the operation for a few more years. I'm lucky that it doesn't inhibit my active life so far. when I get there, we should meet & have a few!

Planner, there should be many more words to express thanks & appreciation. they become redundant   sounding, don't they ? so here is one in Norwegian  Takk. ( laptop doesn't have the proper accent  marks. ) thanks.

Very cool!!!!  :D

ONLY BECAUSE "YOU" ARE COOL !!

i would only do that in nyc

SAL GIANTE wrote:

i would only do that in nyc

Then you need to broaden your world.

Bob K

Hi Bob. I'm looking to get an MRI done then read correctly. My guess is the problem is neurological. I'm thinking of starting w/the MRI facility across from CMC, and perhaps using Dr. Reyes. But I may need a neurologist. HOMS was recommended, but many folks on Everything Cabarete are saying use CMC. May I ask your opinion? Thanks. Jere (Anyone else feel free to weigh in.)

I just sent this to Bob K., but figured I'd also post it. ]I'm looking to get an MRI done then read correctly. My guess is the problem is neurological. I'm thinking of starting w/the MRI facility across from CMC, and perhaps using Dr. Reyes. HOMS was recommended, but many folks on Everything Cabarete are saying use CMC. I'm seeking opinions on both facilities & physicians. (I live in Cabarete) I also may need a neurologist and not an orthopedist. Any opinions? Recommendations? Thanks. Jere

Dr Reyes is very good and in fact took care of me post op when I returned from a major accident in the states.

Yes they have an MRI at CMC but if I thought I might have a major problem I would go to HOMS.  We use HOMS almost exclusively.

Bob K

I have also heard through the rumor mill that CMC has been sold/taken over/merged with another major medical player here. If this is the case then CMC will probably improve its care.

Bob K

Thanks Bob. I've heard the same thing about HOMS. Interesting news about CMC.

One can only hope it is true

Bob K