Tandem Spanish- Bulgarian

Hi,

I am already two months in Sofia and it seems quiet difficult to learn Bulgarian as almost all
the young people speak English. If anyone would like to exchange my Spanish for your Bulgarian?

Pau

Welcome on board Pau,

I recommend you to post an ad on the Language Exchange in Sofia section for more openings.

Good luck!  ;)

Marjorie

I'm experiencing the same problem. Everyone seems to want to speak English and not Bulgarian.

I definitely have found the younger crowd (under 30) prefers to practice their English rather than listen to me struggle with Bulgarian. I found that hanging out with older people tends to help. If you can find an organization to volunteer with that has older babas, then you have the potential to learn a lot of Bulgarian ;)

(I have found that older women speak very clearly and use 'clean' Bulgarian as opposed to slang, which was easier for me when I was first starting). Going to a chitalishte or library would be a good place to start to look for these types of clubs.

Join a some Bulgarian lessons. Everyone there will be willing to speak the language.