How much for Insurance life and health ?

Hi,
One question for you, helping is not a problem. Are you living in Philippines? If so what about health insurance, what is the cost. Hospital are not cheap so how much should I figure from my budget for insurance life and health?

Thank you

Hello funblu123

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Philippines forum since you where off topic on the other thread you were participating.

Here you may get more interactions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

funblu123 wrote:

Hi,
One question for you, helping is not a problem. Are you living in Philippines? If so what about health insurance, what is the cost. Hospital are not cheap so how much should I figure from my budget for insurance life and health?

Thank you

Cigna is the company that comes to mind. They offer expats awesome package and affordable.. It works with. VA and SS

Hi funblu123,
You basically have two options: a local health insurance policy via a local provider or an international health insurance policy. The former is designed for locals and can be used in the Philipplines only whereas an international policy depending on the "area of cover" is portable. More on the differences can be found in a post here - blog.brokerfish.com/2011/10/19/what%E2%80%99s-the-difference-between-international-health-insurance-travel-insurance-and-local-health-insurance/

For international health polices, the cost depend on several factors mainly around: your age, the countries where you're eligible to receive treatment (area of cover), your country of residence and the level of care that you select (product / benefits). Other lesser factors that influence the price are: deductible, payment frequency, any pre-existing conditions and sometimes gender.